Which is the best among these handsets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogi_7272

Broken In
one thing abt k550i .. its camera is not as good as k750i/ w800i/ w810i ..

i have checked it out myself ..although the specs are same ..also check gsmarena for it ..

and abt k750i .. total VFM phone .. and u can flash it to w800i .. :D

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
Hey guys, first of all thanks for taking the trouble for these suggestions, but there's something that's come up. I'm on a budget refresh.

The phone 2kewl suggested, Nokia 3220, has class 6 of EDGE which is only capable of a speed of around 100 Kbps. I want a phone with class 10, which is capable of around 200 Kbps. I want the cheapest EDGE 10 phone. If I do not get a better suggestion, I'll buy the Nokia 3220. My budget is 7K maximum.

napster007

Padawan
dude the 810i is the best. if u want music, nothing beats it.go for nokia only if u are looking for good os in phones. but i definately recommend 810i owning one myself.

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
Okay now for the big confession. The phone wasn't for me. Some might remember that Ayush arya was "shamed" and banned for 2 weeks cause of which he couldn't log in (who unlike the significant other, kept that ban for real). So he asked me to post this query on behalf of him.

I apologise for this deceit.

He did however buy a Nokia 6300 (*nokia.co.in/nokia/0,,99561,00.html) and thanks all you guys for the support.

Virtua-Reps to all of you...

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Hi, guys! :)
I would like to sincerely thank all of you who helped me out in making my final decision. I bought the Nokia 6300 ultimately and it is a good phone. The screen is awesome (16 million colours) and Internet is very fast due to the EDGE capability. Only problem I faced is that the Nokia PC suite randomly stops recognising the phone and then I have to re-install the whole thing again and again. It also wouldn't let me synchronise my contacts with the built-in address book (assuming Windows has one by default). I was using Windows Vista Ultimate.
But it wasn't that much of a problem. On Mac OS X, it works flawlessly and I connect to the Internet via bluetooth.

All in all, I am quite happy with my purchase. I just regret it that it is not a smartphone. :(

Thanks also to Milind for helping me out with this thread. :)

Pathik

Google Bot
hey arya nice to have u back... but u should have rather taken the 6233.... or n72 or e50. if u wanted a smartfone...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Nokia PC suite right now is not compatible with Vista.

Do one thing, ditch Nokia PC Suite, there are many other much better PC suite application out there for Nokia phones. Try Mobtime cell phone manager.

Windows Vista doesn't have address book, what it does have is Contact cards, which are much like address cards. You can sync those. I recomend that you use some compatible Address book application or just use Outlook 2007 on Vista

On MacOS X, why are u going for apps, iSync is already there for address book sync.

Memory card can be used as "Removable storage" in Windows Vista & MacOS X with driver installed. Nokia must be providing seperate drivers for the phone other then with PC Suite?

Since it can use JAVA apps, i recomend that you go through some of the tutorials in this forum or my blog to get Web services on mobile phone such as Yahoo or MSN messenger etc.

@ pathiks

Not everyone needs a smartphone man.

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
pathiks said:
hey arya nice to have u back... but u should have rather taken the 6233.... or n72 or e50. if u wanted a smartfone...
If Nokia 6233 is not the ugliest phone in the world, it is certainly close. And it does not have the gorgeous screen of 6300. Plus, it is outdated. Nokia 6300 is sleek and sexy. It would have been better if it hadn't been a Nokia, but I guess you have to do compromises for the sake of an iPhone. :p

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Oh...didn't notice that you(Aryayush) were banned.

Now that u have finally bought the phone I wont suggest anything. 6233 is pretty old now.
btw for how much did u buy it for? How is the image and music quality?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I bought it for Rs. 7,100 (after the discount).

The screen quality, as I said, is absolutely awesome. Everything looks good on it.
The music quality is also good but the on-board speakers are not much to boast of. It also does not have a standard 3.5mm port. The loudness is not much but it gets pretty loud if you crank the equaliser all the way to the maximum. In fact, I don't make it that loud because it hurts. But there is no way to make the radio louder than it is, which is not much.

Overall, it is a good phone and gives you great bang for the buck (specially the amount of bucks I snagged it for :p ).

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Wow that is really a nice phone at that price.
By image i mean about the camera quality. Cud u post a sample at max settings on the cam?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@ arya

use this application for your sync needs on Vista & Nokia 6300.

Make your contacts in the form of Contact cards in Vista & then your can easily synd them back & forth.

& do post some pics taken by it.

Pathik

Google Bot
was it a general discount or only a special one 4 u??? btw the speaker isnt as loud as 6233 nor is it stereo... the sound ll surely be less..

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
Hey is that 6300 the same one that the show on TV? The slim yet powerful ad n all? (The ad is very irritating though).

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
pathiks said:
the on-board speakers are not much to boast of.
Yeah, that is what I said.
I had some discount coupons. It is not a general discount.

You can read a detailed review of the phone here. PC World also reviewed it this month.

You can see sample pictures here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom