Which is a beter 1 ...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Fire Fox...Fire Fox...Fire Fox...Fire Fox...Fire Fox...Fire Fox...Fire Fox...Fire Fox...Fire Fox...Fire Fox...Fire Fox...Fire Fox...Fire Fox...Fire Fox...Fire Fox...Fire Fox...Fire Fox...Fire Fox...Fire Fox...Fire Fox...Fire Fox...Fire Fox...

For IE based browsers....Avant Browser ... Avant Browser ... Avant Browser ... Avant Browser ... Avant Browser ...

Is it enuf.....?

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Well.. Here's my ranking..

1. FireFox
2. Opera
3. Maxthon
. Other Browsers (other than IE)
Last. IE

The real reason is, Most spywares are 'Made for IE'..

sakumar79

Technomancer
Hi,
There have been numerous threads that deal with this question. Ultimately, it boils down to your personal preferance. Try them out and see which is good.
For me, I have Opera, Firefox and Slimbrowser. My first choice is Opera, but when a page does not load properly, I try Firefox and finally Slimbrowser.
One point about SmoothCriminals note that spywares are made for IE - if IE is vulnerable, so is Maxthon (and Slimbrowser, all other browsers which use IE as base).

SIZE: Firefox is 4.68 MB, Mozilla Suite is 11.7 MB, Opera is 16.2 MB with Java also downloaded, but without the JRE added, it is about 3.5 MB which makes it the smallest of the non-IE category... IE-based browsers are smaller, because they dont have to contain the actual IE engine - as such Slimbrowser is 1.5 MB. However, IE6 with SP1 is by itself a hefty 68 MB (full download)

FEATURES:
Opera has a lot of features within itself, but adding features is, as far as I know, not possible.
Firefox has a handful of plugins available through the internet, but, 1. You have to search for the plug in and download it. Not sure how to copy a plug in from another computer and install it. 2. The plug-ins are slightly risky (use at your own risk), though they have generally been extensively tested. 3. Finding the right plug-in can be a real pain...
IE-based browsers have varying set of features. Many people recomment Avant browser/Maxthon. Personally, I have tried pretty much all of them and found Slimbrowser most convenient - it is very small, and has the features that I look for. You will want to try out different browsers and see which one you want...

SPEED OF LOADING PAGES:
This I am not 100% sure, but I found Opera to have the best cache system of the lot... Pages loaded faster on Opera than on Firefox or IE-based ones...

RENDERING PAGES CORRECTLY:
This is where IE takes the crown, even though it is for the wrong reason. Many pages are not fully compliant to coding standards when it comes to scripting. IE gives a lot of leeway for the inaccuracy of scripting and when people write webpages and test only in IE, they generally dont load properly in Opera or Firefox. THIS IS THE ONLY REASON I STILL USE IE-BASED BROWSERS. Also, I think Opera is not as good as Firefox in rendering pages sometimes...

EASE OF LEARNING:
Among the browsers, Opera takes the largest learning curve (for me at least). But once I learnt to use it, it was awesome. And I dont even use mouse gestures. I am addicted to using keyboard over mouse wherever possible even in GUIs more suited for mouse. You can create shortcuts for just about everything in Opera.

As a final note, there is one other browser that I tried - GreenBrowser, also based on IE. It is a promising browser that even ran without installation, but being new, still lacks a lot of features found in the others... Therefore, keep on the lookout for new entrants, and try them out (but make sure you check out reviews and check whether any spyware are installed along with it).

Surf's Up Dude!!!
Arun

svk

Journeyman
not again. guys i think it is the millionth post on Opera Vs FF. If One cant reach an agreement stop the thread.
I'll give sum other options to fight
Pepsi Or Coke
Digit or Chip
Bipasha or Mallika :D :D
etc.

:D :D

ravinder012

Right off the assembly line
i think opera is best becuause it has made my dial up connection like isdn :lol: i think opera is best for dial up just u need is to enter serial which is easily available just search on google for serial of opera and u will get it :wink:

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
Hey Ravinder012 be careful, read the forum rules. it says NO CRACKS or SERIALS, u will get ur id blocked. BE CAREFUL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom