which graphics chips power the X360 and ps3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arijit_2404

still find time for games
Xbox 360 had a chip designed by ATI called Xenos. It has 90nm Dual Core GPU. Total memory 512MB GDDR3 running at 700 MHz. It also has 10MB e-DRAM.
Data transfer rate between memory and northbridge : 22.4 GBps; between e-DRAM and memory : 32 GBps.

PS3 GPU evolved many times. It mainly uses 90nm and recently 65nm nVidia G70 chip. It has 256 MB GDDR3 at 650 MHz.

ATi rules here too!
:)

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
/\
If you mean X360 is better than PS3 then you are totally wrong.
Ps3 is several times powerful than X360(graphically)

arijit_2404

^^
No, I didn't say that.
PS3 is powerful because it's using IBM's Cell processor and XDR memory.

arijit_2404

Just for the information:
PS3 has IBM's cell processor which is 8-cores(!) and PS3 uses 7 and one is disabled. this is because if 1 core is become defective this one can replace the defective one(what an architecture by IBM!)
Out of 7, Six cores are used for gaming and one is for OS.
PS3 also has 256mb XDR memory and 256mb GDDR3 graphics memory.

X360 uses IBM's 3-core Xenon processor.

PS3 will definitely beat X360 to death... :D

[source: wikipedia]

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Just for the information:
PS3 has IBM's cell processor which is 8-cores(!) and PS3 uses 7 and one is disabled. this is because if 1 core is become defective this one can replace the defective one(what an architecture by IBM!)
Out of 7, Six cores are used for gaming and one is for OS.
PS3 also has 256mb XDR memory and 256mb GDDR3 graphics memory.

X360 uses IBM's 3-core Xenon processor.

PS3 will definitely beat X360 to death...
Very useful stuff

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Gosh what........ Core Architecture...they have kept one on stand by. Sounds like they are making rocket engine parts..always keep a stand by...lovely.

From Wikipedia:

The PlayStation 3 uses the IBM-designed Cell microprocessor as its CPU, utilizing seven of the eight "synergistic processing elements" (often shortened to SPE).[118] The eighth SPE is disabled to improve chip yields (i.e. chips do not have to be discarded if one of the SPEs is defective.)[119][120] Only six of the seven SPEs are accessible to developers as one is reserved by the OS.[120] Graphics processing is handled by the NVIDIA RSX 'Reality Synthesizer', which can output resolutions from 480i/576i SD up to 1080p HD.[112] The PlayStation 3 has 256 MB of XDR main memory and 256 MB of GDDR3 video memory for the RSX.[121]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom