Which Graphics card to buy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madhavan

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I want to buy a good graphics card. My PC coniguration is as follows :

Intel DG965RYCK mb, Intel 2.8 GHz dual core, 1 GB Kingston 666 MHz, 160 GB SATA.

My old gfx card on old PC is AGP based. I generally play games line NFS sequel, GTA sequel, some code masters car racing simulators, proj IGI series. Have plans to play action games, and other good stuff. Please suggest me a gfx card within 8000/-.

I'm planning for NVidia based ASUS/XFX's 7600 GT or 7600 GS. Does my mobo support this, and what about SMPS ? Also XFX or Asus ?

I dont want to invest for the next gfx card for atleast next 18-24 months.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well we both are in the same boat.I am about to buy an entirely new PC for which I am consdering a similar motherboard but the processor of choice is Core 2 Duo.As for your question,well the only thing that an XFX 7600GT would need is an PCI-E X16 slot which the Intel DG965RY easily supports & hence one problem taken care of.Next PSU could be Powersafe or VIP 400W which will be enough for your general needs.

I suggest go in for the XFX 7600GT which will be a far better choice than the 7600GS.It will last you max for a year with the current games at standard settings.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
john_the_ultimate said:
Get the XFX or Leadtek 7600gt AGP, should be around 8-9k
Intel's current 965 m/b series dont support AGP.:wink:

(& Intel's 915g also dont support AGP , dunno about rest)

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Also I would like to suggest at least 500 watt power supply just to be on the safe side.I installed vista and had power shortage issues as DirectX 9 games ran with display corruption .The Ati X1600 series is far better than the Nvidia Geforce 7600 series

OP
M

Madhavan

Harvik780 said:
Also I would like to suggest at least 500 watt power supply just to be on the safe side.I installed vista and had power shortage issues as DirectX 9 games ran with display corruption .The Ati X1600 series is far better than the Nvidia Geforce 7600 series

Hi Harvik, whats the approx cost of Ati X1600 series

OP
M

Madhavan

Hi,
Thanks all for the suggestions:) . Finally I've decided to go for XFX7600GT (PCI-E). As the last question :confused:, whoever knows approx cost of this gfx card (PCI-E), please post the reply. I'm in Chennai.

rajasekharan

Youngling
not sure mate....:( , when i bought it in dec it was 10500, i guess it should be 7500 or 8000/-, but ofcourse i am in kerala , it should be cheaper by a 100 or so .

but please dont take my word.....

and yes, 7600 gt series is the king of the middle segment market..:).

vikz

Broken In
Since you are in Chennai, check this link out. Looks like it's updated regularly, but you'd probably better call them and check the latest prices.

*www.deltapage.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=29_40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom