Intel Core i5 2500
Intel DH67CL-B3 Full ATX Board
Corsiar 1333 MHz DDR3 4GB
Cooler Master Cabinet @ 2.3K

GTX 560 Ti/HD 6950 which one is better.........:?::?::?:

Sir plz provide me suggetion with detail , i m so confuse..:!::!::!:

Cilus

laborare est orare
What is your maximum budget for the GPU? If it is over 15K, then get MSI HD 6950 2 GB Twin Frozer III @ 16.2K.
If it is less than 15K then you can settle for Sapphire HD 6950 1 GB GDDR5 or MSI GTX 560 Ti Hawk @ 14.6K.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
the cards to get are -

Sapphire HD6950 2GB Toxic
Sapphire HD6950 2GB Dirt 3 Edition
MSI R6950 TFIII PE/OC 2GB or 1GB
Sapphire HD6950 1GB PCIE
MSI N560GTX Ti HAWK
Zotac GTX560 Ti Amp Edition

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ I think Zotac GTx 560 Ti Amp Edition is also worth to mention. Price is within 16K.

digitaltab

In the zone
hello cilus,
if we talk about ur gpu, i'll suggest u to go for 560 ti, although m using an amd gpu 6870, but as we see in future , right now the best option for 3d gaming falls in nvidia's gym.
and there are som gud games who make it for nvidia, like gta4, crysis etc.
although they work well on amd, but thr r sm features, in which performance appears only in nvidia, cuz those games r nvidia certified.
for ex, nfs hot pursuit, launched 2010, has a motion blur feature in it, which doesnt shows in amd cards,
nd works well with nvidia cards,
BUT IF U WANT A HARDCORE OVERALL PERFORMANCE, GO FOR AMD 6870.
i suggested this to you because thr is a very little very tiny difference in the performance of 6870 n 6950, but the price difference is huge, almost 5k.
so it'll be wiser to buy a 6870 rather than 6950.

doomgiver

Warframe
what 3d?
3d tech as today is totally useless.
not even a child will be fooled by it.

forget about 3d gaming, its not gonna happen soon

digitaltab

In the zone
have u even seen it?
dude, m playin it, and its awesome....
u should give it a try, and don call it useless without even knowing it

doomgiver

Warframe
yes, it is useless, you already are playing a pseudo-3d game.

and its not even true 3d, you are overpaying for a piece of equipment that is falsely claimed to provide a "3d" experience.

where is the 3d? i ask you, isnt the game you are playing more "3d" than the "3d" you are watching?

also, im playing metro 2033 on my i7, 6990 at max settings, and it is AWESOME!!!
dude, have you seen it? try it,

digitaltab

In the zone
do you know that ur 6990 is not capable of providing 3d, accordin to its technology, till date... if not then go to amd website , and search for compatible hardware for hd3d, and you'll get 2 know this reality, DUDE U R OUT OF D GAME....
nd for ur information, 3D technology is the most awesome nd revolutionary technology, providing an awesome experience.
go to some electronics showroom in some mall, and feel it...
those who r launching evry game nd movie in 3d these days r not fool,....

Cilus

laborare est orare
HD 6990 does support HD3D. I think you are basically pointing it out as Crossfire does not support HD3D tech. But HD 6990 does behave as single card (the Crossfire is done internally as it is a single PCB design) and it has support support for HD3D. Check the official product page.

Also not all the nVidia certified games run better in Nvidia cards. Crysis 2 does run better with AMD cards. Similarly it is observed in several reviews that due to high frame buffer in HD 6900 series cards, over 1080P resolution, AMD cards take the lead and the game playing experiece (don't confuse it with FPS count) is better in AMD cards.
And there are plenty of neutral superb games like BF3, Metro 2033 which runs better in AMD cards copmared to their Nvidia counter parts.

digitaltab

In the zone
chk this out, At this time, due to AMD Crossfire™ Technology incompatibility with AMD’s Quad Buffer, AMD Radeon™ HD 6990 graphics will not support stereoscopic 3D gaming with frame sequential displays using active shutter glasses. this sentence is written at last on the page. below is the link:

Supported Hardware

Cilus

laborare est orare
chk this out, At this time, due to AMD Crossfire™ Technology incompatibility with AMD’s Quad Buffer, AMD Radeon™ HD 6990 graphics will not support stereoscopic 3D gaming with frame sequential displays using active shutter glasses. this sentence is written at last on the page. below is the link:

Supported Hardware

Hmm, checked it. Nice point there. And it is a shame that the beast is not supporting 3D gaming.

sukesh1090

Adam young
@shivam,
only buying a 3D card won't do the justice.you have to buy a 3d support monitor which costs a bomb,3d glasses...but still for now 3D is not a widely accepted thing so it is better to suggest 6950(which is the best performance card in that budget) to op.

digitaltab

In the zone
no sukesh1090 , let me prove it:

in nehru place , delhi:
today sapphire amd radeon 6870 priced @ 10k
sapphire amd radeon 6950 @ 15k
LG 2342p 3D LED MONITOR with two 3d glasses: 13.5k
this is all what you hv to spend.
and comparing performance of 6870 and 6950, spending 5k more to hv a little increase in performance, i'll not suggest.

TO PROVE THAT prices i wrote are correct: type cost to cost in google.co.in and click on 2nd result stating "cost to cost pdf"
cost to cost is a very reputed seller of pc components in NOrth India./ new delhi/ncr

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Agreed. We are unnecessarily bringing 3D shoot out here. For 1080P standard gaming, HD 6950 TF III is the best choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom