Which GPU is the Best...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilus

laborare est orare
cilus, hv u read my previous reply? plz read carefully

I was refering to Sukesh' post, not yours. Look at the timing of the two posts.

2ndly the 3D monitor, LG D2342P is a great by indeed, but it is not listed as the AMD HD3D supported hardware list. However, I think it has support for TriDef 3D Software, so HD3D compatible and indeed a very good buy.

Now the thing is choice of 3D varries widely from person to person and a lot of people complained about the different problems, mainly regarding health, while using 3D vision glasses for long time. And some of them are scientifically proven.

So while suggesting, I think we need to first confirm it from the OP first. And I don't think ganesh_6663 has mentioned that he's opting for 3D config.

2ndly, while playing games in 3D, GPU frame buffer plays very important role as the amount of data is doubled while using 3G. Most of the GPU with 1GB or less than 2GB Graphics memory fell short in 3D gaming. So even if OP opts for 3D, HD 6950 2GB will become a must buy product then.

So untill OP confirms about 3D requirement, no offtopic post please. Shivam24, you can post these prices and your findings to PC Buying Guide section to help to build our 3D rig.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Can't stand 3D for more than 30 minutes.

Get HD 6950 2GB. Seems to perform better in Battlefield 3. 2GB VRAM will help you run memory heavy games which we are soon going to see.

digitaltab

In the zone
I was refering to Sukesh' post, not yours. Look at the timing of the two posts.

2ndly the 3D monitor, LG D2342P is a great by indeed, but it is not listed as the AMD HD3D supported hardware list. However, I think it has support for TriDef 3D Software, so HD3D compatible and indeed a very good buy.

Now the thing is choice of 3D varries widely from person to person and a lot of people complained about the different problems, mainly regarding health, while using 3D vision glasses for long time. And some of them are scientifically proven.

So while suggesting, I think we need to first confirm it from the OP first. And I don't think ganesh_6663 has mentioned that he's opting for 3D config.

2ndly, while playing games in 3D, GPU frame buffer plays very important role as the amount of data is doubled while using 3G. Most of the GPU with 1GB or less than 2GB Graphics memory fell short in 3D gaming. So even if OP opts for 3D, HD 6950 2GB will become a must buy product then.

So untill OP confirms about 3D requirement, no offtopic post please. Shivam24, you can post these prices and your findings to PC Buying Guide section to help to build our 3D rig.

chk this and see the last name in supported monitors list, just to clarify ur doubt...

Supported Hardware

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
BUT IF U WANT A HARDCORE OVERALL PERFORMANCE, GO FOR AMD 6870.
i suggested this to you because thr is a very little very tiny difference in the performance of 6870 n 6950, but the price difference is huge, almost 5k.
so it'll be wiser to buy a 6870 rather than 6950.

AnandTech - Bench - GPU11
you may further check out latest games benchmarks on hardocp, toms hardware.
*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/battlefield-3-graphics-performance,3063-8.html

and for price -
standard sapphire 6870 - 11.7k
sapphire 6950 pcie 1gb - 14.2k
14.2k - 11.7k != 5k

Last edited:

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Between 560 Ti and 6950, go for 6950, at least until NVIDIA launches the 448 core version of the 560 Ti, which will still not be a good option due to power draw concerns (GF110 core is power hungry).

However, if you are considering the 6870, save a few bucks and get the GTX 560 (non-Ti) instead - it's cheaper and has almost the same performance (average performance difference is about 5% better or worse at best). 6870 still consumes slightly less power but at least the difference is not too much this time around (plus you save a few bucks).

digitaltab

In the zone
AnandTech - Bench - GPU11
you may further check out latest games benchmarks on hardocp, toms hardware.
Benchmark Results: AMD Graphics Cards, High Quality : Battlefield 3 Performance: 30+ Graphics Cards, Benchmarked

and for price -
standard sapphire 6870 - 11.7k
sapphire 6950 pcie 1gb - 14.2k
14.2k - 11.7k != 5k

type "cost to cost" in google and u'll get a pdf as 2nd result , her u'll find 6870=10k
6950=15k
or call to rashi peripherals/ aditya infotech...
what i wrote above is correct, a +- of 500 may occur..
i may provide nos. of these two importers nd suppliers in india if u want...

doomgiver

Warframe
do you know that ur 6990 is not capable of providing 3d, accordin to its technology, till date... if not then go to amd website , and search for compatible hardware for hd3d, and you'll get 2 know this reality, DUDE U R OUT OF D GAME....
nd for ur information, 3D technology is the most awesome nd revolutionary technology, providing an awesome experience.
go to some electronics showroom in some mall, and feel it...
those who r launching evry game nd movie in 3d these days r not fool,....

did i mention anywhere that i was using "3D" in my rig???
im not out of the game, you are unable to understand what im trying to tell you.

3d is a childish and vague tech. its not even well defined!!! how can it be revolutionary? are you just quoting whatever you find on the manufacturer's catalog?

no thanks, i have my own views on what constitutes "REAL 3D" tech, and im not gonna accept the half baked bull$hit that people are calling 3d now-a-days.

digitaltab

In the zone
did i mention anywhere that i was using "3D" in my rig???
im not out of the game, you are unable to understand what im trying to tell you.

3d is a childish and vague tech. its not even well defined!!! how can it be revolutionary? are you just quoting whatever you find on the manufacturer's catalog?

no thanks, i have my own views on what constitutes "REAL 3D" tech, and im not gonna accept the half baked bull$hit that people are calling 3d now-a-days.

well it is what it is,
and whole world is watching it,
if you ant some alien 3d, go invent your own
nvidia and amd have gifted us 3d technology for pc gaming. & thats reality.

doomgiver

Warframe
the whole world is NOT watching.
and even if they are watching, they are looking at a false thing. its not even 3d.

im not gonna invent anything, im gonna wait for a full 3d set to fall out of the sky.

hah, 3d gaming!!!
then what are those ppl been doing for the last 2 decades who have played computer games??? were they not playing 3d games? i say they were playing 3d games.

and all this 3d is all hype. its not even true 3d. they have no right to call it as such. there should be a lawsuit filed against them for misusing the phrase "3D".

and you are behaving like a fanboy. go read your sentences above and see if i am right or not.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Enough of this, both of you. Don't start the non ending battle of 3D vs Non 3D here instead of helping OP. From now on don't post out of the context things here.
I'm closing the thread for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom