Which GFX card to play 1080p???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
9500GT just for HD playback is overkill.
nvidia's GPU starting from 6150 supports HD decoding.
lower range ATi cards with HDMi are gr8 for the purpose like this one:
HD 3450 with HDMI
*computershopper.com/graphics-cards/reviews/ati-radeon-hd-3450-graphics-card
it wont cost u more than 2k now.
6200/7300LE etc too can serve the purpose, which all comes under 2k.

with a 9500GT, ur power consumption will rise considerably. why waste money if u aint into gamin. If u have a slightest idea of gamin, then i suggest u 9500GT itself.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
and btw HD 3xxx or 4xxx are more future proof [not in performance] than nvidia's 9xxx series as the former uses 55nm and is DX 10.1 and supports uncompressed audio via HDMI.

Last edited:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
but he is gonna use a 22" screen. I think he needs at least a 9500GT. Btw HD3450 is a gud option for HD playback...but its availability is another problem now.

And nothing serious is there abt power consumption with 9500GT. any local PSU can handle it. I don't think u guys r going the ECO way saving even the smallest margin of power to save the Earth to GREEN :D

OP
╬Switch╬

╬Switch╬

In the zone
9500GT just for HD playback is overkill.
nvidia's GPU starting from 6150 supports HD decoding.
lower range ATi cards with HDMi are gr8 for the purpose like this one:
HD 3450 with HDMI
*computershopper.com/graphics-cards/reviews/ati-radeon-hd-3450-graphics-card
it wont cost u more than 2k now.
6200/7300LE etc too can serve the purpose, which all comes under 2k.

with a 9500GT, ur power consumption will rise considerably. why waste money if u aint into gamin. If u have a slightest idea of gamin, then i suggest u 9500GT itself.
Posted again:
and btw HD 3xxx or 4xxx are more future proof [not in performance] than nvidia's 9xxx series as the former uses 55nm and is DX 10.1 and supports uncompressed audio via HDMI.
Is it true?
I mean I won't be gaming even moderately. All I want is to be able to play 1080p vids.
That ATI card seems to be a great deal for 2K. But is it priced same in Inida?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
u can get it from itwares.com

seriously, 9500GT will consume bout 30~35W more than 3450. Its sure to make some numbers on ur monthly electricity bills if u live in metros.

For HD playback, the GPU clock or shader unit count doesn't matter. All it needs is an HD decoder, and ATI cards are far better when it comes to video playback and HD.

Look for one with HDMI is u have a large HDTV, or simple DVI or D-sub wud do. Ash the itware guy bout the connectors available for each brand and choose accordingly.

HD 4350 too is a gud option for sub 2.5k

OP
╬Switch╬

╬Switch╬

In the zone
Thanks for the reply.
But will the ATI card help Windows Vista/7 and Photoshop performance?
Also is there any nVidia card in that range better or is ATi comparatively better for that range?
Posted again:
^^+1

I think HD4350 is only available now. Try if u can get HD3450 old stock
Thanks for the reply but being the noob I am, these options confuse me *www.lynx-india.com/index.php?search_string_0=HD&search_string_1=4350&searchstring=HD+3450&x=0&y=0

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^Better option is an HD4650 512MB DDR2 for Rs. 4,200.

This will not only allow you to play 1080p clips, but at 10x7 resolution, you'll be able to play games with medium settings, no AA, maybe 2 or 4AF, and more than just appreciable frames per second.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
get the GeCube, Sapphire or Asus HD3450 256 or 512MB versions there. They hav all the HD interfaces needed for u.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
this one looks fine from MSI
*www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=1462
DVI, D-sub, HDMI with 5.1 audio, gud heatsink and fan.

OP
╬Switch╬

╬Switch╬

In the zone
Just one more question, will it be compatible with my mobo?
D101GGC : *pentium.com/products/motherboard/D101GGC/index.htm

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
^^ Yes it will work because it has PCI E slot.

ANother small ques, what if I want to play games on this HD monitor, will 4850 do? Or more powerful? Sorry for asking this question in your thread Shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom