Which Entertainment device to buy? (3.5-5inch)

chinmaya

Journeyman
hi guys, i am looking for a entertainment device (Phone or the new ipod touch) 3.5 to 5inch in size, 12-15k inr. Stretchable to 2k more.
Please suggest me a good device

My requirements:-
1. Good music and hd video playback.
2. Acceptable AS service (incase something goes wrong)
3. Smooth gaming performance (games should not lag)
4. Camera (should be able to record videos at hd res)
5. OS- android 4.0 or ios
6. Battery backup of a min of 12-15hrs

Very Impressed with the 5th gen ipod touch. How about this?
Apple - iPod touch - Technical Specifications

Please suggest me a good Phone in this range. Is this ipod good enough for all the above requirements?

Sarath

iDota
The new iPod touch hands down. If you remove gaming from the mix then you have lots of other options.

daksh

Journeyman
If you're okay with 7 inches then Nexus 7. Cheaper and better. If size is a constraint then the new touch.

OP
C

chinmaya

Journeyman
^^ such a big size would be a problem ans i want to carry it in my pocket and use it as i use a phone. Any other suggestions?

guykawak

Broken In
@chinmaya : the new ipod touch 5th generation is priced from $299 in US. So it would be around 20-22k when it hits India.

digitalkerala

Broken In
Are you looking for phone or media player (PMP) ?

The best option in india for a media player meeting your requirement HD Playback + Camera + a good OS

1) Ipod Touch 5th Gen (Available around Diwali time approximately 17 to 19k for 32GB)
2) Ipod Touch 4th Gen (9.5 K to 12.5 K with 8, 16 or 32GB, check ebay

3) Look for cheaper Iphone 3GS (Some store sell it much cheaper & Aircel sell it around 11 or 12K & Iphone 4 is dropping price to 22K ( you can carry single device instead of phone + media player).

Without much gaming / or OS (Android or IOS), there are few PMP in range 8 to 12 K from Archos / Coby / Creative. Some even comes with older version of Android. But, none are comparable to Ipod Series.

If you are very specific on Android Media player, then try to order any of the Samsung Galaxy Player (Samsungs rival against Ipod Touch) online. Samsung India havent released any media player for Indian market.

The latest Samsung Galaxy Player is announced (Expected soon) - The Galaxy Player 5.8 is dominated by its namesake 5.8-inch, 960 x 540 LCD -- a screen that makes the 4.8-inch AMOLED on the closely related Galaxy S III look downright modest by comparison. Android 4.0 and the latest generation of TouchWiz

I'm sure you will finalize on Ipod Touch (4th or 5th Generation). 4th Gen is cheaper now. Or if gaming is not your option , then as Sarath mentioned above, there are plenty of options.

Top Bottom