Which Email client to choose ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
hey there everybody ,

I am tired of my gmail account having 1000+ mails! If i need to find something I need to go online and browse and search through whole lot of them before I find anything.

SO i want to use an email-client like Outlookexpress and similar tools which could store them emails locally and make my life easier.

Unfortunately I haven't ever used them and have very little idea about them

Clients I know about are
1.Outlook Express
2.Eudora
3.Bat
4.Thunderbird.

My queries are :

1. Which one of them you would prefer ? Why ?
2. Which one(s) can handle Gmail's Labels properly ?
3. Which provides he max features ?

and stuffs... I cudn't find a good review / comparative study of all these clients online! That sucks big time. I am really looking forward to you guys helping me out!

Thanks a bunch.
oh by the way , i use winXp pro with 512 Kbps unlimited net connection... :rolleyes:

din

Tribal Boy
Go for

5. Thunderbird Portable !! Get it from - portableapps.com

Why ?

Easy to move. You can install it in a portable drive or in HDD itself. No need to import / export, no need to worry about settings or registry entries or privacy. Just copy the whole folder and you are done. Simple.

Features - *www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/features.html

Regarding gmail labels, sorry I am not sure. [Edit] No, I think it is supported, a quick google search brought this.

*lifehacker.com/software/geek-to-li...nto-the-ultimate-gmail-imap-client-314574.php

Please have a look.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
@ Thor, you seem to have lost in your huge collection of mails in Gmail inbox. I'm surprised to see that your need something for searching and organizing your mails other than the Gmail client itself. Gmail can easily search for mails and organize them with help of labels. I think you did not take care of those mails firsthand and now they are outnumbering you.

Well since you need a offline email client here, I would recommend Thunderbird for both expandability and flexibility. Since you are using Windows XP, I also suggest try Windows Live Mail from *download.live.com/

OP
Thor

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Regarding gmail labels, sorry I am not sure. [Edit] No, I think it is supported, a quick google search brought this.

*lifehacker.com/software/geek-to-li...nto-the-ultimate-gmail-imap-client-314574.php

Please have a look.

Thanks for that lifehacker link. I think that will be useful...

@debsuvra , you are right ...i am indeed lost n them mails!

@all , ya looks like thunderbird is the de-facto choice.WIll give it a try ! :D

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Thunderbird , My 1023 MB Google Apps account gets loaded in 10 mins from clean install of thunderbird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom