Which DVD writer should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Journeyman
thanks mohit for ur suggestion. I've decided not to update the firmware.
i don't want to take this risk. i'm happy with the present performance. :D

yogee_bee

Right off the assembly line
Hardware Help (Samsung (writemaster) DVD/CD Writer

I have a strange problem with my Samsung make DVD/CD Writer. Its a combo drive. It can read DVDs (any - Data or Movie) but when it comes to CDs, it reads/detects only installer CDs. It refuses to detect any data, audio or a video CD.

Points to note:
Its not the auto-play problem. I have checked it.
I have tried changing the data cable. Doesnt help.

Can anyone help ???

wecaz

AlienTech said:
mohit said:
Sony DRU-810A is their latest n best model. It should cost around 4000-4200/- bucks.

Considering its a Benq 1640 with a Sony sticker on it... well...

AND YES THEY ARE ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DUAL WRITERS... They can even write to Double layers but dual layers will need manual intervention to open the door and flip the disk.

Does the above means that BenQ 1640 and Sony DRU-810 both support 'DUAL LAYER' and 'DOUBLE SIDED' writing? :?:

wecaz

I made a deal for BenQ 1640 in Rs.3050 (Black) from Nehru place just 2 days back. This includes all taxes(VAT etc).

Also got Moserbaer Pro blank DVD 4.7 GB 8x (without case) in 25 bucks. Any comment about the prices?

Sony DRU-810 can be get in 3300 bucks. One Sony OEM model is also available in 2800 bucks.

{Ro-H-aN}

wecaz said:
I made a deal for BenQ 1640 in Rs.3050 (Black) from Nehru place just 2 days back. This includes all taxes(VAT etc).

Also got Moserbaer Pro blank DVD 4.7 GB 8x (without case) in 25 bucks. Any comment about the prices?

Sony DRU-810 can be get in 3300 bucks. One Sony OEM model is also available in 2800 bucks.

i baught sony DRU-810 for 3250 about 10 days back from lamington road..

dude the cd's are at a slightly higher rate as i am paying 20 bucks (with case)
(minimum 5 DVD's) for the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom