Which DVD writer should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhinav

Journeyman
Well i am going to buy a New DVD writer soon.

So please tell me which one should I buy?

Thanks in Advance
Abhinav

AlienTech

In the zone
Sony 810A or LG4163B on up. Or Pioneer Or NEC Or....
With the LG you can R/W to RAM disks. And ti is still the fastest 16X writer on the market using PCAV. While the others are all CAV. I think the new pioneers are ZCLV to get a little faster but only goes to 16X around 4200MB mark.

Sandman

Broken In
Benq DW1640, nothing else beats it. Its the best right now.
Great support too benq releases frequent firmware updates making the drive really good deal.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Sony DRU-810A is their latest n best model. It should cost around 4000-4200/- bucks.

AlienTech

In the zone
mohit said:
Sony DRU-810A is their latest n best model. It should cost around 4000-4200/- bucks.

Considering its a Benq 1640 with a Sony sticker on it... well...

AND YES THEY ARE ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DUAL WRITERS... They can even write to Double layers but dual layers will need manual intervention to open the door and flip the disk.

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
I burn my unbranded Moserbear DVDs (Rs.13) at 6x
I can burn them only in 6x or 8x.
Once I tried 8x burning, but not so prefereble.
My LiteON Writer is handling it well with out giving any buffer underrun error. Still it is risk.

Yoda

Journeyman
2-weeks back I bought the BenQ DW-1640 DVD Burner.

Cost Rs.3100/- (Including VAT) in Bangalore. (Black Color)

It was cool and smooth. installation was easy. It has a small manual and a CD. :D

I burned Huge DVD Images and worked well. It was all smooth and no sound at all while burning.

I Burned GTA-SA (3.7 GB DVD Image) at 8X and took 8-10 mins in Moser-Bear 8X DVD Media(Cost Rs.35 without case) . really fast. :wink:

Great to have BenQ. DO i have to update the Firmware.

Arsenal.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@kumaresh
updating the firmware always improves the writing perfomance and reliability of your drive. but be really careful when u do it as a single wrong step could damage your drive permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom