Which DVD Combo Drive ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 5901

Hey if ur low on budget i would say that go in for a DvD Combo !! if it does get spoilt in the warranty period it can be repaired !! and the Lens of all drives wat ever it may be get weak !!! BY te way i think the price difference is around 400 - 500 rupees !!! an optical drive has a life of between 800 - 1500 cds reading or writing !!!(this means a whole reading and writing cycle !!! ) And the ASUS / SONY / LITe on combo drives r the best !! for budget go in for samsung / LG i dont recmnd either !!

NE WAY ITS wat u want to do in the end !!!

D

Deleted member 5901

TAKE MY SUGGESTION DO WAT U FEEL!!!
EVERYONES JUST CONFUSING U!!!

Journeyman
It's better that u buy a DVD rom and CD writer seperately. There may be problem with lens later on and it's better to have two ROMs instead of one and it costs a 200-300rs more....
See:
DVD Rom drive = rs. 1400
CD writer = rs. 1250
Total = 2700rs. or so
Combo drive = Rs. 2500

I dont understand the point int this. I use my ASUS DVD RW for read-write CDs and read-write DVDs.
Its not a point of extra 300 for me. But I woudn't go for 2 drives when I can get a combo. Combo drives become problematic when you choose a bad brand ( Samsung is definitely one )..
Otherwise ... they last. Even if you get 2 drives, a DVD drive and a CD writer --- thinking that one ROM will have lens failure , I think that there are equal chances that both will fail in time...Then it would be time to go for a new drive.

As long as you take care of your drive and keep it clean, it will last.

Calcatian

Journeyman
*scosoft.com/s/e/16603534.gif update:
My BenQ 52x died yesterday... bought just 2/3mo ago...
Will go to Service on Saturday.
I'll let u know what happens..
<*scosoft.com/s/f/26902f04.gif First that SamSung, now this... something is definitely wrong with my Optical Drive luck. Maybe 2 much OverBurning :!:>

D

Deleted member 5901

:D Hey Calcatian !!!
SORRY 2 hear that !!!
Ne way give the reason of once u get info from the service center !!!
coz it might b a little help for dreams to decide :wink:

D

Deleted member 5901

144 said:
It's better that u buy a DVD rom and CD writer seperately. There may be problem with lens later on and it's better to have two ROMs instead of one and it costs a 200-300rs more....
See:
DVD Rom drive = rs. 1400
CD writer = rs. 1250
Total = 2700rs. or so
Combo drive = Rs. 2500

I dont understand the point int this. I use my ASUS DVD RW for read-write CDs and read-write DVDs.
Its not a point of extra 300 for me. But I woudn't go for 2 drives when I can get a combo. Combo drives become problematic when you choose a bad brand ( Samsung is definitely one )..
Otherwise ... they last. Even if you get 2 drives, a DVD drive and a CD writer --- thinking that one ROM will have lens failure , I think that there are equal chances that both will fail in time...Then it would be time to go for a new drive.

As long as you take care of your drive and keep it clean, it will last.

:!: :arrow: :D I think 144 is correct THERE !!!
THERE IS NO GARUNTEE THAT BUYING 2 SEPERATE DRIVES will BE HELPFUL !!!
NEWAY UR THE PERSON 2 DECIDE !!!

CHeers !!! :wink:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Hmm, i already posted in the thread, and i am again repeating:

See:
DVD Rom drive = rs. 1400
CD writer = rs. 1250
Total = 2700rs. or so
Combo drive = Rs. 2500

U will have to pay some 200-300 rs. more but u get a two optical drives. GEt two drives (CD-RW and DVD rom).

D

Deleted member 5901

drgrudge said:
Hmm, i already posted in the thread, and i am again repeating:

See:
DVD Rom drive = rs. 1400
CD writer = rs. 1250
Total = 2700rs. or so
Combo drive = Rs. 2500

U will have to pay some 200-300 rs. more but u get a two optical drives. GEt two drives (CD-RW and DVD rom).

IF ur getting the PRICES above then go in for the cd-writer & dvd rom driv seperately!!! COZ Rs 200 dosent mke a difference !!!! BUT IF NOT THEN GO IN FOR THE COMBO AND Dont get confused !!!
:wink:

Biplav

In the zone
@ drgrudge is right. Suppse u buy a combo drive and get some sort of problem(ok sony fans think it doesnt give any problem but lets just assume that it does) then wat ? u will have to go to ur service vendor 4 repairing. and i dont think it will take any less than atleast 2 days. So u dont have a cd/Dvd rom and a cd writer 4 2 days!
the other way round- if u have problem with one drive then u can play atleast the cds in another drive(if the dvd drive goes bad).
and it would be very unlikely that the 2 drives will go wrong at the same time. So just 4 a matter of 200-300 bucks u get a real good advantage. and yes i have just assumed that the drive takes 2-3 days to be repaired. If it takes longer then u will suffer BIG time!. so just go 4 2 drives instead of a combo.

D

Deleted member 5901

hey u forgot to assume that the drive could b repaired in a day !!!!

So sorry u WRONG !!!!

CHEERS !!!!!!

Biplav

In the zone
And anyways its asumed on the general curcumstances. More or less its very rare to get it repaired in a day . So if u Get it u are lucky , But what i am saying is why take chances?

D

Deleted member 5901

hey "if there is no risk there is no gain" !!

remember this always !!!!!

Biplav

In the zone
wat?????

r u nuts ?u seem to just put watever u get. wat gain ll u get by bying a combo instead of 2 drives.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
drgrudge said:
See:
DVD Rom drive = rs. 1400
CD writer = rs. 1250
Total = 2700rs. or so
Combo drive = Rs. 2500

drgrudge is right man...

& u can also try PIONEER,

I am using it for a long time now no probs!! :wink:

n it does not have tray,... so not 2 worry about tray not coming out...!! :wink:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20847&start=15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom