which company makes the best laptops?

which is the best laptop maker?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
ok guys....which company according to u all is the best laptop maker...take into consideration laptops from budget to high end..while voting take into consideration the overall quality ,features ,performance,looks,price etc into consideration ..

if u r voting for others plz name the company too....and plz justify ur choice :D

ps-hp has acquired compaq so i put them together & my choice is lenovo..cuz i really like their design speciallt the T60

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! Ha! Ha! Ha! :lol:

The best laptop maker has been stashed away among the "Others". :lol:

I'm not voting in this stupid poll.

Companies like Asus and Zenith are in the poll and you've left out companies like LG, Apple and Fujitsu in others. How much do you know about laptops, dude!

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Poll is good enough. My vote for HP, the best value for money. Not like just a useless expensive eyecandy.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Lower/Middle End (<50k): HP/Compaq followed by IBM
Middle End (50-80k): Dell
Higher End (>80k): Apple for Mac fans, Sony followed by Dell for the rest.

Arun

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
aryayush said:
LOL! Ha! Ha! Ha! :lol:

The best laptop maker has been stashed away among the "Others". :lol:

I'm not voting in this stupid poll.

Companies like Asus and Zenith are in the poll and you've left out companies like LG, Apple and Fujitsu in others. How much do you know about laptops, dude!
i knew this was comin :D
1st apple is not the best laptop maker ..plz get out of this illusion..seriously or go meet a psychiatrist:D

if u dont want to vote then dont...dont talk crap :mad:

zenith & hcl r in the poll becuz in india many people buy it...now do u get it....maybe a few hundred or thousand people have apple macbooks ok...fujitsu is not their for the same reason
asus makes good laptops..& they r definetly better than lg.. i gave careful consideration to the companies i chose.....i chose those that have the max sales...or r regular winners in various reviews...& i have never seen lg win in a digit or any other mag or website review often ..their is always somethin missing from them & if ur great apple makes such good laptops lets see how many people vote for it..:evil:

& now ur excuses start that apple is not very popular ,it is costly so not many people buy it etc. etc......that is not my problem but its apple's they should make laptops that people can afford.. & not just a useless expensive eyecandy. as kiran said.....the last thing i would like to say is that macbooks r good but they r not VFM even if u pay 1 lac or more for it..

PS - & abt knowledge of laptops ..i know more than u ever will...except abt apple laptops maybe...:D

@ sakumar

ibm laptop division has been bought by lenovo..

@ kiran_techmania

thanx for the support :D

sakumar79

Technomancer
@ssk, I realized my mistake (IBM mentioned instead of Lenovo) after making the post but decided to leave it there because many people still look at it as IBM Thinkpads rather than Lenovo Laptops... Thats the kind of security a company like IBM gives to its customer...

Arun

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
Voted Others for Apple.

Anyone who has used a MacBook or a MacBook Pro (the current Core 2 Duo ones) will agree that they are indeed the best laptops -- in looks, in responsiveness, and in just about everything else.

Besides, the entry-level MacBooks don't cost much more than similar Windows models do.

sakumar79

Technomancer
@nepcker, perhaps the entry-level Macbooks dont cost much more than similar Windows model do... But they cost more than entry level windows models..

Arun

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
nepcker said:
Voted Others for Apple.

Anyone who has used a MacBook or a MacBook Pro (the current Core 2 Duo ones) will agree that they are indeed the best laptops -- in looks, in responsiveness, and in just about everything else.

Besides, the entry-level MacBooks don't cost much more than similar Windows models do.

What! Where! How! When! :eek: Votes goes for Dell :)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
@ssk429

Look, there is no use getting into a stupid debate here. Your question was which company makes the best notebooks and not including a company like Apple on such a poll, which sells more notebooks than desktop computers and has a nine percent share of the notebook market in the world (and it's overall share is only six percent, so that should give you an idea how many notebooks they are selling with respect to rest of the industry), is just plain stupid.

Apple notebooks are innovative and well designed. How many laptops from other companies come with backlit keyboards, light and motion sensors, magnetic adapters and latches, slot-loading drives and no stickers? Answer: Zero. Just because you cannot justify paying for them does not mean they are not making the best laptops. Can you imagine a poll about which company makes the best cars that does not have BMW or Mercedes on the list?

It hardly matters to either me or to Apple if you do not include them on your list. But what I said in the previous post wasn't wrong and your reply only showed where you truly stand. Sayonara.

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Umm... uh... when did I say you were, dude!

(I know, I know. I'm sorry! You guys have similar usernames.) :p

sakumar79

Technomancer
@aryayush... Apologies accepted...

BTW, for others who missed what happened, aryayush typed @sakumar79 instead of @ssk429 in his previous post and has corrected it...

Arun

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Arya, enough said about your sweet eyecandy, lets decide come on.

Present us your best Apple laptop for Rs.55000/-. Lets see which one scores better.

This is a challenge for you. Defend your Apple if you can!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom