Which chipset is better-G33 or 965?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
G33 as of now. It's only minus point is that x3100 has no support for SM3.0

What is the basic difference between the below mention mobo based on G33 chipset .
1. Intel® Desktop Board DG33FB Classic Series (price - 4750/- approx)

2. Intel® Desktop Board DG33BU Classic Series (price -5300/- approx)

I have found only one difference that is one is ATX board and the other is micro ATX. But the price difference is 550/-. Now how much difference between performance of the said two board. Can any one point out.

There is another mobo with same feature from gigabyte GA G33M-S2H (price - 6000/- )

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
When u have XFX 630i 7150 available at Rs. 3450/- + TAx :p why thinking for Intel G33 ??

Very Good review. I am deciding to change my mind to this board from Intel G33 based board. But people have a faith on Intel Chipset. But what about XFX ? Can we trust and faith on XFX chipset also ?
Actually I have no particular job to perform in my home PC mainly surfing and some official work. But my mind always goes to test new application, OS, video capturing/editing, some times to take test of playing big games provided with the DIGIT.
Many application/games not support to my present system(read my signature). hence thinking a new borad.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Many application/games not support to my present system(read my signature). hence thinking a new borad.

845 chipset u have, so i doubt u have a Socket 478 processor :( which means u have to buy a new processor also :D

Intel Chipset. But what about XFX ? Can we trust and faith on XFX chipset also ?

its not XFX chipset, it comes with nvidia 630i chipset and onboard nvidia 7150 gpu :) quite reliable of course :)

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
Yes I think so. I am thinking for mobo,processor(C2D) and 1GB *2 RAM. I think my existing Cabinet with 450W SMPS is sufficient. There is 2 fan attached with the Cabinet one is under HDD and other is in side cover of the cabinet near processor. Will the fan of the existing processor fit with intel C2D processor ?

@CHOTO, as per your opinion which C2D processor will best suited for me with the XFX 630i 7150.

OP
ajaybc

ajaybc

Youngling
Will a driver or bios update enable SM3.0 in my DG33BU?

When u have XFX 630i 7150 available at Rs. 3450/- + TAx :p why thinking for Intel G33 ??

XFX boards are ery scarce in my state(Kerala).U hae to order and wait for a week for getting it.I tried for XFX nforce650i ultra mobo which retails at Rs.5400 and had to get this DG33BU.

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@skghosh44
U ll get a heatsink nd fan bundled with any new C2D, nd no wat that old one will becompatible with the new C2D.

@ajaybc
yup, XFX boards are hard to get on Kerala. But not impossible. Where are u from? If its proper cochin, then u wont have trouble.

praka123

left this forum longback
^even in Ernakulam,u have to order @ rashi :-|
and the Aldous glare-wholesaler (panampilly nagar) wont sell to customers(acc. to them!)

OP
ajaybc

ajaybc

Youngling
Yeah when I contacted Rashi they said it wud take a week to arrive

@skghosh44
U ll get a heatsink nd fan bundled with any new C2D, nd no wat that old one will becompatible with the new C2D.

@ajaybc
yup, XFX boards are hard to get on Kerala. But not impossible. Where are u from? If its proper cochin, then u wont have trouble.

Iam from Vyttilla

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
I am gonna try itwares sometime soon.but..too much distance,esp for RMA and other things.. :-|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom