Which CD writer is the best available in the market ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

premrajeev

Journeyman
hey,

never go for samsung, as this is the second time my samsung writer is behaving supernatural !!!....

This time my samsung had a power calibration error followed by some nasty tray problems...

Sankalp

Journeyman
he is right. never ever go for a samsung cd-writer. power callibration error and tray problems are very common in samsung.

u can try LG. its tray is also good and hardy. But be warned LG only provides 2 MB Buffer memory compared to 8 mb in samsung.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
if u want beast cd drives contact the inventor of the 1st cd-drive and he'll send u a big huge one...

Srry for the sarcasm...

Well, acer drives are good, lite-on is also good, but cordin ta me SAMSUNG is the best... :wink:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Im using Sony and Im pretty much pleased with it. Ive heard that Samsung has numerous tray complaints previously, but not sure if its the same for the new drives. Also check this link out for more information about CD -Writers.

*cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Home.aspx?CategoryId=1

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman
Yeah especially the HDD'S . God they su*k :lol: :lol:

But their monitors are great....

Anyways to come back to the topic go in for a LG or Sony Drive...

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
I bought the samsund dvd drive
but it didnt format or write to dvd rw

though it detected cd rw cds plus dvds like of movies and that came with digit.but cant do anything like formating and writing on dvd rw +

i have returned drive and requested another
he used dvd rw + moserbear brand to test dvd writing

Can anyone tell me i dont want to use nero that came with DVD writer

i want to use easy cd creator or direct cd type software to make cds and dvds

can i use other software other than nero

i previously have cd writer 4x hp and easy cd creator and direct cd software came with it and i found that very easy'
i dont like nero

thanks for all the help
that donkey computer dealer doesnt know about anything other than selling products.

I read this for samsung dvd writer on some site:-

Doesn't support DVD-ROM booktype for DVD+R/+RW/+R DL formats
CD/DVD writing quality with specific media.
Cannot play/rip CDS200 AudioCD protection
Cannot backup accurately up to v2.8x SD2 and newest protected titles
Doesn't support Mount Rainier
Doesn't support DVD-RAM

what it is i cant understood

thanks and soory for the trouble

manavmohanty

Broken In
The best dvd is that of a sony if u are nero friendly another is hp.. the dvd is slow but very stable. its also cheper as it is of 8x. other are 16x

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
i have returned samsung and asked for replacement. i have keep dealer on hold and told him i will take 1 week more to tell which dvd writer i want for repacement.
can anyone suggest which brand to buy
price is not problem

also any Dvd writer available in india easily, that writes Dvd Rw + at atleast 6 or 8 x

also which are the latest Dvd media speeds u get in bombay also tell price if possible for Dvd media

thanks for all the previous help i get from this forum.

Charley

Just Do It
manavmohanty said:
The best dvd is that of a sony if u are nero friendly another is hp.. the dvd is slow but very stable. its also cheper as it is of 8x. other are 16x

Sony is also stable. Ive beeen using that for quite some time and no hassles as yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom