which bycycle to purchase under 11K ?

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
i need to buy a bycycle

i will be using it to drive/ride around 50Km per day (yes only 50Km in a day :D ) and for stunts too :D so it needs to be durable

budget is max Rs11000 but keep it as close to as Rs6000 if possible

i will be buying in 1-2 weeks

i need speed gears, front and rear suspension and disc brakes (atleast front if not both) in bycycle

so far i am thinking for
HERCULES ROADEO A-100
Hercules Roadeo A-100 Bicycles for Boys | Boys Cycles | Buy Bicycles Online | Cycle Manufacturers India | Bicycle Companies

or
Hero OCTANE RECRA 26T (21 SPEED)
Hero Cycles Ltd.

i am leaning towards hercules because its design looks more cool, strong and agressive to me

though i don't know their prices

Q1. so how much these bycycle will cost me in delhi ?
Q2. is it possible to install disc brakes in a bycycle which comes with calipers brakes only (no disc brakes) (i.e replacing stock brakes with disc brakes)?
Q3. any other better option (without going over 11k) for my needs ?

quagmire

Allllright !
^Check out Rockrider 5.0.

P.S: I'm not an expert in this subject. Just sharing some info I thought will be helpful. I own a Hercules ACT110 Steel model :)

OP
truegenius

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
i just checked the btwin rockrider 5.0 (hercules act110 too), i would have considered it but it lacks disc brakes and full frame suspension so can't go with it
thanks by the way :)

quagmire

Allllright !
^AFAIK you will need a Road bike/ Hybrid bike for long distances (on paved roads ie. the bikes with thin wheels). For offroading you need a MTB. And for the stunts you mentioned you need a BMX. I dont think a single bike is that versatile. You need to buy atleast two. :mrgreen:

OP
truegenius

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
stunts will be very limted one, like small wheeli or small stopie or jumping off a road bump or speed breaker
(no front flips of back flips or 360 sideways rotation or jumping from roof tops or jumping over small walls or things like this)
so bmx will be too much

also roads are not that well in my area, so thin wheels may not be able to make it or they may not be able to handle the pits of road
i also own a lady bird ( please stop laughing :D ) but whenever i ride it i always fear theat the next pit on the road will result in a poped tyre, which is why i apply brakes with full force to make sure that i will pass the the pit very slowly which leads to broken brakes after every 3-4 rides

so more or less i think that mountain bike type will be good for me :)

also i don't like thin wheels because ladybird also got thin wheels (i am not a lady :p )
and bmx will look like a small kid's bike (when not doing stunts) bit i am not a kid either :(
but mountain bike type will look rough and tough, yeah that maches my mood type :p :D

quagmire

Allllright !
^True. Road bikes s*ck at suspension. If the road is not 100% paved RIP bums :lol:. On a perfect road you will have the lightweight and thin wheel advantage so effort is noticeably lesser compared to similarly priced MTBs.

So which bike are you bent upon the most? Did you take a test ride?

OP
truegenius

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
curently i like hercules roadeo a100 <3

currently i am researching on cycles to find best match, and will test ride it at the day of purchase :)

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Check out the lumala 11k version. My brother has it.. I will go home and tell you the model..

Has everything you need.
But that's a onroad + moderate offroad bike

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
Please don't go for a full suspensioner untill and unless you have a budget of minimum $1000/60000 inr.
For long distances you need a hardtail. A cheap full suspensioner will only drain you of your energy.You don't even need a front suspension unless you have mountain-trail-like roads. So you are better off with a rr 5.0.
And if possible increase budget and get an off road focused hybrid!
You can go for an octane or a hercules, but it won't give you the satisfatction of a rr.
So best of luck.

OP
truegenius

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
Check out the lumala 11k version. My brother has it.. I will go home and tell you the model..

Has everything you need.
But that's a onroad + moderate offroad bike

i checked some lumala bikes, i like temptation lu 307, next lu 312 and freego lu 301 (because they all got disc brakes (front and rear) and other things that i need)
but i wasn't able to find their price or availability status
so how about these and how much will they costs ? and to which model you are refering ?

Please don't go for a full suspensioner untill and unless you have a budget of minimum $1000/60000 inr.
For long distances you need a hardtail. A cheap full suspensioner will only drain you of your energy.You don't even need a front suspension unless you have mountain-trail-like roads. So you are better off with a rr 5.0.
And if possible increase budget and get an off road focused hybrid!
You can go for an octane or a hercules, but it won't give you the satisfatction of a rr.
So best of luck.

i desperately want full frame suspension and gears (can skip disc brakes if and only if stock brakes can be replaced by disc brakes)
more energy drainage won't be an issue (my previous cycle was very very tight to paddle so i am used to it :D )

rockrider 5.0 lacks fullframe suspension, otherwise i would have considered it

also is it possible to replace stock brakes with disc brakes at resaonable price (my second question) ?

Top Bottom