which browser is better ?

which browser is better than IE

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shreyadr

Journeyman
hello friends,

uptill now i have been using IE. now i want to go for another bowser. i don't have much knowledge about MOzilla or Firefox. but which one is better ? capacity wise ? perfromance wise ? where to get these ? what facilities they provide. and if i choose any of them does i have to remove IE from the system ? if yes, how to ?

hpotter606

Journeyman
Mozilla Vs Firefox ?????
I havent seen such a competetion.
Well now as you are tired of IE but still like IE use maxthon. Or if you want to try a different browser try opera. www.opera.com

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
it depends on ur needs. if u need a complete suite for web browsing and as an email client, then mozilla suite is the one for u .
well, i dont clearly know it myself, but i've seen some ppl saying that the mozilla suite is faster than firefox.

simply put, mozilla suite = firefox + thunderbird
or
firefox = mozila suite - email client

btw, i just use firefox, its my default browser :D

anandk said:
mozilla or firefox !?
i'd say Maxthon !!!
dude, cant u stick to the topic? was it necessary for u to stray away from it?

ujjwal

Padawan
See Firefox has some features to make browsing better, like Live Bookmarks, a good find utility, more extensions, and more things ...

But mozilla is complete with a mail client and a html composer, plus it is just a bit faster than firefox (in terms of responsiveness, not browsing speed).

Use both, see which you like.

Oh and btw, you can use and number of browsers on your system, no need to remove IE :)

Don't forget to try out Opera too .... you may find it to be the best of both worlds.

anubhav_har

In the zone
Oh btw the browser battles your should have the poll btw Firefox and Internet Explorer. But then also Mozilla has no power to stand infront of Firefox... Opera is also good...

qarch

Going green anyone?
Hey, my browser > help > about says it is Mozilla Firefox 1.0.3, so where is the competition?

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
NikhilVerma said:
Actually there used to be another browser Mozilla...

Firefox is it's more popular version... by the same company

What do you mean by used to be? Mozilla is available in 1.7.7 format.

See *www.mozilla.org/products/mozilla1.x/

OP
shreyadr

shreyadr

Journeyman
Thanx guys for ur contribution.

so i think i should try either mozila or Opera ? now tell me which one is better in these two ?
how much memory they take ? and what features they provide ?

hpotter606

Journeyman
Look, dont ask which is the best as it will start a browser war here. If you want to know which is the best try them yourself. You can try Opera, Firefox, Maxthon. I have installed all the three and use them as i need.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
phew! finally someone with a sensible answer! Mate all the 3 browsers are good and serve their own purposes. Use them and see which one best fits your needs. And its not like ur investing in a H/W where in you need so much advice. Browsers are soon becoming a personal choice. So try and see which one your most comfortable with.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
navjotjsingh said:

The Mozilla 1.7.7 that you are referring to is the complete suite inclusive of the e-mail client, IRC client, HTML editor.

The latest version of the standalone browser is 1.0.3.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Firefox all the way for me.

Firefox beats the crap outta all the rest... hands down!

:: Burns all the IE files and puts them in the trash ::

Good!

EDIT: Admins/Mods: I don't think C-R-A-P is a word that needs to be censored. If you're aiming towards raising the bar. It's a legitimate slang for something that is rubbish.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
drvarunmehta said:
navjotjsingh said:

The Mozilla 1.7.7 that you are referring to is the complete suite inclusive of the e-mail client, IRC client, HTML editor.

The latest version of the standalone browser is 1.0.3.

I know that very well. I was just answering that why he said it used to be. It is still present.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Please keep the discussion clean and free from flames/fanboyism otherwise we shall be forced to lock it.

By the way, the browser in the Mozilla suite is not the same as FF. They share code and the Gecko engine but they are not the same. Most notably, the interfaces are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom