Which brand Pen Drive should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hi Guys!

I want to buy a 1 GB Flash/Thumb/Pen drive in a range of Rs.500 or so. As there are many good brands available like, Transcend, Kingston DataTraveller etc. I want one which has a pretty good speed. Which do you think I should go for.

Thank you.

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
I think so too... transcend is relatively a bit slow...
and price wise... i can have a 1 gb pen drive... kingston for 460 here.. in Manipal

i personally like sandisk cruzer
it comes with U3 technology which allows you to carry your files,your software on a secure USB drive.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
in Kolkata I see ZION USB sticks gives the fastest speed... I dont know what others have felt about ZION USB drives !!!!

ajayritik

Technomancer
I Recently purchased Kingston 1 GB Pen Drive but that's a gift for my friend! One advantage is that it doesnt have a cap. I really have no idea about the speed or data transfer. I heard Sandisk Cruser is good but that was not available in the market!

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Am using a HP one and its pretty good, some 1 year old and its still fast.
And yeah, the Sandisk Cruzer is a good bet,
The U3 technology allows you to have an antivirus on the usb stick,
which runs when you plugin to a system and checks for viruses.

Regards,
ray

din

Tribal Boy
Regarding build quality - Do not buy these

1. iBall (whatevr name it is, the small one)
2. Zion

The build qualty is not good.

Also, when you buy the Data Traveller, buy the previous model, the new one (sliding option) build quality is also not good. I mean *www.kingston.com/flash/dt100.asp - do nto buy (just my suggestion)

From my experience, the best one is Kingston Data traveller, the previous model

I mean - *www.kingston.com/flash/datatraveler.asp - best

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
go4saket said:
Sandisk Cruzer and Kingston, do they have U3 & Ready Boost technology...
Do NOT use Readyboost on you Flash Drive which is meant for personal use. If you wanna use Readyboost then dedicate a flash drive for that and do not use it for any purpose.

Tho the performance gain is marginal (at least for me and many others) the effect on the life of flash drive is detrimental, esp. on those which you use to carry your data.

Also Transcend V series are very very very very very very very slow!! But one thing I've seen is that it survives water!! (mebbe an exceptional case wid me! :)) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom