which board for core 2 qaud 2.4 and which ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

talwar.chetan

Right off the assembly line
hello i am chetan.
i am going to buy core 2 quad processor
i am confused in buying the motherboard and the ram
i have ddr 2 667 mHz ram (1.5 gb) mon on intel d945gcl board with dual core.

is it that core 2 quad will not support my ram

pls help me in suggesting the board (intel mainly)

pls do also let meknow the price of quad + mother board

my buget is 12000-16000(including board and processor)

pls also suggest that should i buy it from nehru place in delhi or from my city lucknow
there is only Rs 500 difference
i have palit 8600gt super 512 mb graphics card with me(PCI-Ex)

thnx in advance

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
core2quad supports DDR2 667 RAM.

Just get another 512meg of 1gig of RAM.

coming to mobo, how much can you pay?

I suggest you get mobo like MSI P45 Neo-F or ASUS P5Q Pro.

both doesn't come with a GPU and so you have to buy a GPU.

What will be your total budget for upgrade (including processor)?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Dude. Abit is stopping mobo production in few days. They will provide the warranties though till 2011.

*www.tomshardware.com/news/abit-motherboard-motherboards,6715.html

There is also rumour that it will be shutdown completely.

abhishek6969

Hi mates!
I'm planning to upgrade my pc. I've decided that I'll go for a quad core based system and my budget is 20 grands for the processor,the motherboard,the graphic card and the ram. Now I need your help to get me the best possible system.
I need this pc for hardcore gaming.

Thanks in advance.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
For gaming C2D is more suitable so get e7400 Rs. 5.8K
M/B MSI p45 Neo F Rs. 5.5K
2x 2GB Transcend DDR2 800 Mhz Rs. 2.2K
Palit 9800GT Rs. 7K or Palit HD4850 Rs. 8K ( better one )

abhishek6969

Hey mate !
Thanks for replying in such a short time.
I wanna ask 3 main questions:
Firstly, Is e7400 better than quad core 8200 processor?
secondly, Is palit 9800 better than Palit NVIDIA GeForce 9600GSO 768MB GDDR3 Sonic Edition?
and Finally, at this point of time should I buy a psu. I personally don't think that I need one. Is it mandatory to get a psu or should I go with usual supply units?

Thanks In Advance.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since Q8200 is quad core proc it will perform better in video editing & transcoding jobs.

Most games are dual core optimized so you will get better performance with the e7400 in gaming. Also you can OC it with a good cpu cooler like hell. So it's future proof too.

Gaming depends haevily on GPU or gfx card. That's why I've recomended you 9800GT. But if you can increase your GPU budget Rs. 1K more then get palit HD4850 512MB DDR @ Rs. 8K which is far more better.

abhishek6969

Hey Topgear !
Well I asked you about that psu thing. Please reply me over on that too cause I seriously think that I don't need one. Please suggest a valid reason for having a psu fixed in my pc.
If you think that e7400 is great than q8200 then I guess you must be right. But yar to be frank e7400 looks like a low power processor to me. I have a budget of 10 k for a gaming processor so please suggest one.

Thanks in advance.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Topgear !
Well I asked you about that psu thing. Please reply me over on that too cause I seriously think that I don't need one. Please suggest a valid reason for having a psu fixed in my pc.
If you think that e7400 is great than q8200 then I guess you must be right. But yar to be frank e7400 looks like a low power processor to me. I have a budget of 10 k for a gaming processor so please suggest one.

Thanks in advance.

You will use your pc for gaming. Then get e7400 with a good cpu cooler like
thermalright ultra extreme 120. Oc your cpu to 3.8Ghz & see the difference.
It's not a low powerful cpu. It can even go above 4Ghz mark though I think you nedd water cooling for that. This combo will cost you Rs. 9-9.5K.

As for PSU you will need a good one. Coz a generic 500W & even 600W PSU will not be able to provide enough juice to all of your pc components. So get a good psu like corsair VX450W which is selling @ Rs. 3.9K only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom