Which bank in india have an excellent internet banking facility?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Everyone knows that! Doesn't take away the fact that their employees have horrible behaviour and lacks the minimal knowledge when it's about tech stuffs. See the government banks of other developing large countries. It can't be any worse than it's here.

:+1: I asked the local SBI branch manager why their mastercard refuses to work on international sites. he said "No Idea and stop bothering me. I'm not the technical person. Branch's job is to issue debit cards and not to verify whether they are working" :lol:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Everyone knows that! Doesn't take away the fact that their employees have horrible behaviour and lacks the minimal knowledge when it's about tech stuffs. See the government banks of other developing large countries. It can't be any worse than it's here.
It's a mess to be working in such a system. Agreed that some staff do not bother to provide customer service but the system is also equally to be blamed. There is no unique culture which is followed across all branches. Different branches have different set of rules which only adds to the confusion for the employee. What he/she thought was considered ok in one branch is not valid in another branch. Streamlining of work culture is needed. Like once i went to bob to issue a chequebook, one branch told me to fill up a form n submit it, that branch took one week to file my request only because of huge workload while in another they told me to just call toll free number n give ur request there n instantly my req was accepted. Staff shortage is another issue which is leading in one employee doing multiple things. All the darn govt schemes are to be implemented thru psu banks, you cant imagine the workload they are going thru. And now modi talked about bank accts for all in his I-Day speech ����... Salary is meagre, even primary teachers are getting more salary than bank employee, when they demand hike govt starts crying that ur psu, then y not implement those schemes thru public offices

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I don't think salary is meagre, I have spent whole days with my father in banks, and I don't know why they are being paid that much high to be honest. My father himself said that the salary is very high for what we do. Seriously what do they do in working hours? I have seen employees working around the bank, talking with wife on phones, asking about other people, even playing video games, ordering more tea from the lower grade employee etc. With the introduction of computers their job is even simpler now. Updating someone's passbook, taking and giving money to people, processing the cheques, that's their basic jobs. And their advanced job is to talk, they talk too much. And for this they get almost 50k for month, I mean the aged and experienced ones, newcomers get around 20k right? That's not bad either. The only person who has slight pressure in a branch is the Manager, especially when the employees around him are **** and ****ing lazy, which in most cases they are.

If I had to do those jobs I will gladly ditch my business, which however pays me 5-6 times at least than a bank job but the amount of pressure sometimes get unbearable. I will just ask a bank employee to do what I do for just one week and I can bet the next week he will say please give me back my old job, cut some amount from my salary even if you want, but hell I can't do this.

Bank employees are overpaid for that they do, and that's my opinion, period.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^Dude, "the grass is greener on the other side" eh?

Stop whining. What would you say to the IT guys then?

I go office at 10.30AM, play injustice at least 3-4 times in the day. Read newspaper and accomplish my day-to-day job.
Does that mean I don't work?

It does not matter how long you work, what matters is the time period you work. If the 2Hr. job is taking a toll on your mental and physical health then the job is not that easy.

I bet, even for your business you are not always under pressure.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I don't think salary is meagre, I have spent whole days with my father in banks, and I don't know why they are being paid that much high to be honest. My father himself said that the salary is very high for what we do. Seriously what do they do in working hours? I have seen employees working around the bank, talking with wife on phones, asking about other people, even playing video games, ordering more tea from the lower grade employee etc. With the introduction of computers their job is even simpler now. Updating someone's passbook, taking and giving money to people, processing the cheques, that's their basic jobs. And their advanced job is to talk, they talk too much. And for this they get almost 50k for month, I mean the aged and experienced ones, newcomers get around 20k right? That's not bad either. The only person who has slight pressure in a branch is the Manager, especially when the employees around him are **** and ****ing lazy, which in most cases they are.

If I had to do those jobs I will gladly ditch my business, which however pays me 5-6 times at least than a bank job but the amount of pressure sometimes get unbearable. I will just ask a bank employee to do what I do for just one week and I can bet the next week he will say please give me back my old job, cut some amount from my salary even if you want, but hell I can't do this.

Bank employees are overpaid for that they do, and that's my opinion, period.

What rubbish are you posting? Have you even tried to be on the other side of the table? Have you even considered what RISKS bank employees go through? Every single piece of paper is associated with risks in a bank.
Is 20k you consider decent for a banker today? WTF ...
I would like to meet a banker who thinks his salary is high :lol:
Have you seen the pressure under a cashier? They have to continuously receive lakhs of cash & make payments throughout the working hours with no or just a 10-15 mins break from 10 to 4. And not just receive them but check thoroughly for fake notes as well because if fake notes are found then it becomes the responsibility of the cashier who received such notes & amount is recovered from him/her. This all when the public wants to get their job done as quickly as possible..:-x . At evening when cashier has to tally the cash. The final cash figure must match the exact cash in physical .. if found less then the difference will be adjusted from the cashier's personal account.
In reality, people do adjust since mistakes are bound to happen... and people have adjusted from Rs. 1 to Rs. 1 lacs or may be more on a daily basis ... so your salary is Rs. 15,000 & your cash falls short, say once by 3000, again by 2000 then you're left with Rs. 10,000 to live with your family :lol:
so think what happens beyond the line before shouting on the "slow" cashier. Today, banks are aggressively expanding, opening new branches in far areas where there was nothing. At the same time retirements are taking place like crazy. For ex: Bank of Baroda's face will change drastically in the coming years due to the massive retirements. Due to this Banks are recruiting more than ever. A newly recruited clerical staff is sent directly to the branch without any training. It's like sending an untrained soldier with plastic bullets to a battlefield.
I don't know what type of bank branch you're going where you're facing staff which are not attending customers. True, this scenario was present in banks but decades ago. Today, you cannot talk about banks like this.
Officers are under tremendous mental stress , pressure that there have been reports of suicides, death due to depression recently. :shock:
Officers have to report at 9:30 am but there is no official time to go back & they usually leave by 8-9-10 pm. It is said inside banking circles that forget family if you're working in a bank :lol:
Then there are Single Man branches. Here there is only 1 Officer (single man :cool:) who looks after all the workings (operations,credit,etc) of the branch...goodluck imagining stress there :lol:

Last edited:

rj27

Net Addict
^^ All above is true unless you happen to be living in some remote village which has got 5-6 banks to distribute the load among them. And even that has got it's own downside. I've seen 4 people (1 manager+1 PO+2 clerks) and a guard running a whole bank branch and there is a whole lot of work going on in backend when these guys are not dealing with public.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
^^ All above is true unless you happen to be living in some remote village which has got 5-6 banks to distribute the load among them.
And if you're bank is not a top performer.
Also, bank employees don't live in one place... I would like to know how many times Mr. ithehappy's father got transferred in his career.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost every film industry have showcased bank robbery... another risk :lol: ..

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
calm down everyone. :|
I'm shocked how ignorant he could be. Today situation is such that a bank officer is attending to 10 people with 10 different issues all at once while ensuring better customer service as risk of losing good customers is always there & he's finding no workload :shock:

The IT guys find workload when a project comes to their notice, but bankers' projects are running 365 days a year :lol: Neither they're transferred on every 2-3 years frequently....even in some branches officers are called on Sundays to clear their branch managers' targets :shock: Enjoy your weekend , ahem, sunday , now :lol:
I've been in touch with a recent officer's batch of a public sector bank where some resigned from companies like Wipro, Infosys, tech mahindra,etc. Now after being ruthlessly handed serious risk bearing responsibility & posted in remote areas, they're regretting their decision.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
SBI if you can get it up and running...LOL
HDFC is also fine.

Credit cards, AMEX... wtf.. such amazing support.. i never knew customer support could be this good.

kaz

right here
I have used SBI Internet Banking only and its good enough for me...
Money transfer though NEFT works fine also...

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Maybe you have difficulties reading English properly. So go back and read my previous post again.
I have also seen how one gets drunk without alcohol.

No need. Your attitude reflects what you think of bankers. "Give money, take money" , putting it very simple.
May be you need to read some news, wage revision takes place every 5 years but it is due since November, 2012. When you don't know , please don't share immature comments.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
No need. Your attitude reflects what you think of bankers. "Give money, take money" , putting it very simple.
May be you need to read some news, wage revision takes place every 5 years but it is due since November, 2012. When you don't know , please don't share immature comments.
STFU.
My dad was a bank employee for 32 years I think, I don't need to know anything from stupid like you.

tkin

Back to school!!
I use both HDFC and SBI, both are good and have mobile apps. The hdfc app and the website is much more user friendly and have a lot more features. The SBI app and website does not look good, not user friendly and lacks plenty of necessary features, but does the job. I'd prefer HDFC, but there is a minimum balance of 10,000 required I think(I have salary account, zero balance), while SBI has 500 as minimum balance required.

quicky008

Technomancer
Why do the debit cards of most Indian banks simply don't work on Google play store?I tried using an axis bank debit card but it was rejected with an error that its not valid! Can any suggest a bank whose debit cards are actually usable in play store?

tkin

Back to school!!
Why do the debit cards of most Indian banks simply don't work on Google play store?I tried using an axis bank debit card but it was rejected with an error that its not valid! Can any suggest a bank whose debit cards are actually usable in play store?
I use HDFC debit card, earlier it didn't work on playstore, but its working fine for the past 6 months or so. Its this one: Titanium Debit Card, HDFC Bank: Visa Titanium Shopping Debit Card, Virtual Debit Card

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
STFU.
My dad was a bank employee for 32 years I think, I don't need to know anything from stupid like you.
Which is why it makes more strange how could you think bank staff is paid more than they deserve. If you have logical points please share other than insensitive remarks.

- - - Updated - - -

*www.digit.in/forum/internet-www/161111-must-read-information-regarding-indian-debit-cards.html

Top Bottom