Which anti-virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

himtuna

Journeyman
Tell me which anti-virus i must buy
Norton anti-virus (Dont'know?)
or
Trend Micro PC-cillin (Rs. 25 per month from tata indicom broadband)

rajas700

Youngling
DUDE SEARCH BEFORE U POST MANY theread's were RUNNING in the forum.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16752&highlight=antivirus

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30900&highlight=antivirus

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Why to buy if u can get full version for free.

Try Avast. Register their and they will send u code thru e-mail. It is free for home-users.

And it is a good anti-virus.

vishalbhatia

Journeyman
Go for Norton Internet Security 2006 (2 year subscription) for Rs. 3200. You will get Anti-Virus + Anti-Spyware + Firewall.

OP
himtuna

himtuna

Journeyman
Guys I have got Norton 2005 from my friend
But I am confused Whether to enjoy this free ride or to pay Rs.25 p.m to have PC-cillin for better security.
There are many free antivirus soft but I will then go for Norton.

go4saket

Well buddy, NAV is fine but it is going to hog all your memory resources. I have tries most of the antivirus programs and found Kaspersky to be the best. It has the higest virus detection rate and is not much heavy on your system resources.

You can even try to search for other posts as there are a lot which can guide you relating to Antivirus softwares.

selva1966

Journeyman
Avast AV's online scanner is very good. When compared to this NAV will detect such object when full scan is conducted and not when somthing is being dowloaded.

I have no idea about NAV 2006 version.

rajas700

Youngling
vishalbhatia said:
Go for Norton Internet Security 2006 (2 year subscription) for Rs. 3200. You will get Anti-Virus + Anti-Spyware + Firewall.

Good idea vishalbhatia.I also recommend the same thing.Try Norton Internet Security 2006 for 15 days and the if u wish buy it.

TRY AT:*spftrl.digitalriver.com/pub/symantec/2004/NIS06900.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom