which anti virus do you all recommand me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ujjwal

Padawan
Because mcafee does not qualify as light on the system ...

KAV = Kaspersky Anti Virus .. supposed to have the best detection.

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
i tried downloading Avast! 4 and after downloading it on my stupid dial up...i reailise that i had renamed the file....so i changed it back to the original name (setupeng.exe)but it is still not working booo hooonn :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

nisman

Broken In
Free Evaluation Copy

Hey Guys non of you have tryed the E-Scan. That is realy having good results over Norton, Mcafee, PC Cilin, And Many More.
Call Me on 09313651500. I wil send you the evaluation copy of that try out that Antivirus Software.

All The Best
Nisman Planet

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Err....what about my Avast! problem....guys can u help out with dat??BTW was it included on any of the digit cds??not dvd....

atool

Journeyman
using avg since last two years and very happy with it...i occasionally go for trend online free antivirus....

enjoy

Journeyman
I wud strongly recommend Pc-cillin Internet Security 2005. Guys I am using Pc-cillin since its version 2000. I am highly impressed by its Real Time Scan and firewall..

It is simply the best.

vcrl82

Right off the assembly line
Best Antivirus Software

Try BitDefender 8 pro which has a good detection rate,it also monitors registry. and has a built in firewall that is simple to use and is very effective.
u can turn off the auto scan feature, and perform a manual scan instead whenever required, b'cause the auto scan feature in most of the antivirus softwares available hogs up lots of system resources.
:D

OP
T

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hey i tried bitdefender 8 pro plus..and its actually quite good..it found 4-5 trojans which kaspersky failed to find.. :shock: .however it cudnt disinfect it but quarantined it from which i deleted it..
so i guess bitdefender is a worthy competitor

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
swatkat said:
thegame_rulez said:
guys..
cant find kaspersky personal pro newhere..:mad:
i got one but the key was blacklisted i think..:mad:and it didnt allow me to do nething..ne suggestions?
Install System Mechanic 5 Pro from this months Digit DVD,it's bundled with Kaspersky AV 5 Personal and Kaspersky Anti Hacker Firewall.
That Firewall rocks....repulsed an Hellkern attack on my system yesterday even with 'Medium' security level.
Talking about Firewall, there is nothing better than ZoneAlarm Security Suite. However, Kerio Personel Firewall (free) is also too good........................

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
*www.geocities.com/cyberdony2k/nnod32.png

Nod32 just uses 6.35 Mb of memory when all of its systems are active, I mean real time protection, Ms-Office Document Protection and Internet Monitor are operating and keeping my system secure. This less use of memory makes it my favourite AV. It does not let any ViRUS run because of its powerful Real-Time protection. However, it is free for use but for updates, you will need to pay. If you want to buy an AV, this should come first not only because it eats up less system resources, but also because of its quick easy updates and the decent protection it provides.

digen

Youngling
khattam_ said:
It does not let any ViRUS run because of its powerful Real-Time protection.

I would like to clarify on the above.No AV will detect & remove a virus if its a 0-day old.i.e if the virus fairly new & is not in the AV vendor's database how will it detect/remove even if you've enabled real-time protection ?
Same is the case with any AV product,so I hope you are not under the frame of mind that having real-time protection makes you ultra secure.

P.S:I'm not against NOD32 nor any AV product.In fact i've myself been using NOD32 for quite sometime now.

shri

Always Fresh!
Kaspersky is good. Has good detection rates, the database update files are comparitively small, fast,
One problem is that it takes some time in the beginning of system startup to scan the windows files. Everything else is fine...

By the way,,,...,,, How many of you use genuine anti-virus softwares...
Not me though...

*kaspersky.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom