which anti virus do you all recommand me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hi guys,
was looking for a good a/v which has good detection and is low on system resources..i have tried nearly all..so far i think kaspersky is the best in detection.but is a real system hog..so i have decided to go for nod 32 ahem... retail..;).however a guy was telling that the ahem version causes problems..is that true?
also how is f-prot?
btw i dun like AVG :x

swatkat

Technomancer
Try BitDefender 7 Free which is in this month's Digit DVD.I tried it some time ago (when it was a trial version),it has a good detection rate,it also monitors registry.
Another good one AntiVir Free.Try it.
Yes,Kaspersky hogs resources when it scans the files when we open them (On Access scanner).
Another critically acclaimed AV is Computer Associates eTrust EZ Armor (formerly Inncoulate IT).But it's a commercialware.

[lokesh]

Journeyman
As for me Avast! antivirus rocks...it has got a really cool interface and is very great....it has come in this month's Digit.

G

gxsaurav

Depends on your RAM if U have 256 MB RAM then go for KAV, if U have more then that then go for NAV 2005

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
recently me too was wanting a new AV
wanted to change frm my panda AV
i tried panda titanilum 2005
man it litreally made my computer drag
eats up too much of your ram
then tried NOD32 man this one rocks surely rocks
so little memory usage but for obvious reasons had to ditch it
finally using KAV personal
so i guess
i would reccomend you KAV
:)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Norton is RAm more than 384kbps or go for kaspersky Av, have been using this since batty suggested... and guess what it detected threats which even NAV dint do.

rohanbee

Padawan
man this is quite a never ending topic isnt it.................and there are so so many opinions.........
.....................here's my two cents..........Norton :- reliable and good tech support.

theraven

Technomancer
i re"COMMAND" ( read: Command ) u to use Kaspersky personal pro
if u dun listen .. be wise
check this before makin another decision
*www.virus.gr/english/fullxml/default.asp?id=67&mnu=67

nisman

Broken In
Try out E-Scan

If You are looking for a real time scanningand complete virus protection.Go for E-Scan which works with the Microsoft winsok layer by making a layer named "MWL 'Microworld winsock-layer'" between the Microsoft winsock-layer and Your port. Try out the Trial Version By getting it download from the site "www.mwti.net". Or call me i will send you the eveluation copy of E-Scan. My Contect No is 09313651500.
You can Call Me at Any Time. If any one want to have an Evaluation copy of E-Scan I will give it. Call me :idea:

OP
T

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
guys..
cant find kaspersky personal pro newhere..:mad:
i got one but the key was blacklisted i think..:mad:and it didnt allow me to do nething..ne suggestions?

theraven

Technomancer
plz refrain from talkin abt cracks and blacklisted keys on the forum
do read the digit forum rules before continuinf further

swatkat

Technomancer
thegame_rulez said:
guys..
cant find kaspersky personal pro newhere..:mad:
i got one but the key was blacklisted i think..:mad:and it didnt allow me to do nething..ne suggestions?
Install System Mechanic 5 Pro from this months Digit DVD,it's bundled with Kaspersky AV 5 Personal and Kaspersky Anti Hacker Firewall.
That Firewall rocks....repulsed an Hellkern attack on my system yesterday even with 'Medium' security level.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
I also use KAV, I did a major shift from Qh to KAV when batty and techno and most of the bigwigs of this forum had a heated discussion as to which was the best av so now Im happy with KAV.

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
hmm kaspersky and NAV not recommended if u have anythign less than 256 mb ddr.
BTW kaspersky's scanning is damn damn slow.

Well my choice is avg free and fast and aslo very light on system

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey y isnt there any mention of McAfee...Is it that bad??cuz i am using it....the full version that too...bought it last year...
Wel whats KAV??and For the new year which one is recomended.....I dont mind a price tag ..... :D

Thilak

Broken In
AVG...

Hello ,

Why not u install AVG [free] 7.00 . In my experience it is the best

Anti virus software :D :D :D

THILAK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom