Which 1s Best Windows XP or Windows 98

which is best XP or 98 for gamers n for internet

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

busyanuj

In the zone
Polter said:
.My dad bought me a pIII cpu with win98 istalled. It was pretty cool then..ten years back.
thank you for enlightening me that pIII cpu and windows 98 were available 10 years back.

@anks84in
Windows XP Service Pack 2 + latest autopatcher, anytime.
Besides, Microsoft ends support for Windows 98 and Windows ME in June 2006.

Vyasram

The pWnster
win 98 for underdog pcs and xp for the rest

I hate 98 coz I must install drivers for everything in it (this thing cant even read a usb drive without drivers)

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
^^ maybe he is talkin abt the the stuff released by digit
this month ( the unofficial thing )

shakti

Journeyman
XP provides better security against threats.

U can use WIN 98 as open Home

legolas

Padawan
Qwertymaniac said:
Is it even good to compare the two ? each is different than the other in llllooooooottssss of terms
hehe... lolz QM! i wonder the same :d besides, latest versions and updates wil definitely outrule the previous versions for we knew the probs with the older ones.

/legolas

shaunak

Tux Fan
microsoft has officially stopped support for windows 98 and all manufacturers are concentrating on xp. many drivers are not available for 98 any more. to gauge how old 98 is think microsoft has released 3 oses after it and now [hopefully] this year vista will be launched. bringing the count to four.
most games work without a hitch on xp. new games in fact dont run on 98. to top it all to find a new box of 98 would be near immpossible as it dosnt retail in stores any more.

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
well win XP is the best if u have 256mb or more ram...
but for below win98 is the best...

-SUDE

satbir

Broken In
no doubt xp is the best......... but if u have an ancient computer........ or less ram(say 128 mb) then u can't think of installing xp......... i knw ppl who hav such systems and they can't really afford to install xp.......... for every1 else........... xp is the best

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
agree 98 is comfortable wit low end pcs...rest is for xp...it not only has advantage of detecting hardwares n installing them without a fuzz but it also makes full utilisation of ur agp card esp if itsa onboard agp....sp2 is kool....though u need to keep it updated....so cant leave it alone

cheers

ashisharya

In the zone
Windows Xp bcz of its easy user interfrance, looks, have in-built softwares for hardwares.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
security...thats all i guess....but thats gud enuf reason to go for it....i got screwed wit sp1 as spywares n virus almost ate my pc like termites in wood...i had nottin left ....only option was to format...so esp if ur using internet....sp2 is must n trust me on that.

cheers

Dumbledore

Journeyman
man, 98 is uncomparable to xp because

1. 98 loads slower than xp
2. xp's task manager is far away than the primitive 98
3. surf the net in xp and feel the difference
4. turn off all the beauty in xp and you'll see the juice that can be squeezed.

Status
Not open for further replies.