Which 1s Best Windows XP or Windows 98

which is best XP or 98 for gamers n for internet

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

anks84in

Right off the assembly line
HI guys this is my 1st post i would like to know which i best OS XP or 98
i surf the internet all day n nite long n have a formatting 1nce in a month n also play lots of games n have all lots of softwares installed
i m in this confusion as 1 of my frnd says that XP is good with no problems n the other says that 98 is good then XP as XP is not good with internet security n can have a catch of virus
plz help
thnx in adv
anks

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Hello and Welcome

Windows XP with SP2 is much better as 98 is now outdated besides what is this post doing in this section {HW Troubleshooting} plz be careful with ur further posts if u dont want to be reported early..

OP
A

anks84in

Right off the assembly line
Thnx

Sorry i didnt knew where to ask the Quest
but nxt time will take care of it
n e ways
thnx for ur opinion guys also would like to tell u that i m a very rough user with comp so hope no probs with XP SP2

H

harsh bajpai

The most stable Microsoft OS till date :

WINDOWS XP (SP2)

98 was out the day sp2 was released.. :)

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
^^^

all games dont run on 98 naaa (compatibility issues !!!)
and moreover the latest flicks will officially discontinue support for 98 ...

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
XP is better anyday given you have got enough RAM. If you have less RAM than of course you should go for 98. But, realistically RAM now hardly costs that much.

h_kunte

Journeyman
All those of you supporting Win 98...U ppl joking or what?
Harsh Bajpai rightly said...98 was out the day SP2 was released...
Anyways, with SP2 & all the latest patches, XP beats 98 hands down, be it running games, or using the internet...

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
XP+SP2 beats 98 hands down. :lol: XP interface is much better and XP is faster if u have enuf RAM and no compatibility issues with new softwares(though there are some with old ones :roll: ) and if u r a game maniac then 98 really sux :evil: But if u r still on a P3(or for that matter a P2 :( wonder if anyone has a P1 even 2day :shock: ) with 128MB(or 64) RAM 98 is better coz it runs faster!!!! :wink:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Is it even good to compare the two ? each is different than the other in llllooooooottssss of terms :)

Definitely XP for games especially the recent ones which dont support 98. But if u like Emulator based games and ur h/w is very low (of the <810 age) , then 98 is the one for u coz XP+SP2 might make it toil too much :(

agnels

Live The Dream!
Windows XP SP2 is better even if you have about 128MB RAM. Windows 98 is 7 years old and just think what has happened to the harware and software. Hardwares are becoming obsolete in few years or should i say few months and to run new softwares latest harware is required along with latest OS. In few months time you should replace Windows XP for Windows 98 in the poll.

Polter

Broken In
.My dad bought me a pIII cpu with win98 istalled. It was pretty cool then..ten years back. okay bottom line here is that most hardware and software manufacturers don't care a s*** about 98 anymore. SP 2 came out and the whole computing world changed too. Example, sata hard drives don't support win98.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
voting for xp...with sp2 u got no probs regardin spys n viruses....just be updated with spywares n anti-virus if ur a net savy. rest dunt bother...98 lacks compabibility these days with latest launches. i had sx sp1. got screwed with spys...so now kinda happy wit sp2 n 98 as backup..

kumarmohit wrote:

what is this post doing in this section {HW Troubleshooting} plz be careful with ur further posts if u dont want to be reported early..

HW troubleshooting? i thought this is his right place as its SW troubleshooting or am i goin wrong somwhere...confused...can ne 1 lemme know wats goin here.

Polter

Broken In
kumarmohit said:
Hello and Welcome

Windows XP with SP2 is much better as 98 is now outdated besides what is this post doing in this section {HW Troubleshooting} plz be careful with ur further posts if u dont want to be reported early..

This is the software section dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom