Which 19" inch Wide screen LCD monitor to buy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
^^^^ and how much did ya pay for it?

Got it for 19k.

Vivek........man you spelled out my trick :D
Yes, the TN panels have really improved over last years products. The dithering method have improved tremendously, resulting in richer colors and are more capable of displaying 16.7M colors. Example being the AOC 24". It uses Samsung latest BTN III panel.

BTW, I was also told by Bindu J. to take out a road permit for kolkata. As without it I could get the monitor.

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
Right, so what about CRTs? I know they won't be able to use the capacities of the grfx card I have bought. Will a 19" analog CRT be a very bad option for me quality wise (even if a agree to pay the power bills)?

if u are talking about consumer grade 19"crt monitors then u are better off with SE198WFP;)

professional crt's are not that cheap nor available easily:mad:

Got it for 19k.

AOC 24". It uses Samsung latest BTN III panel.

yeah this translated page specifies it does,but u can only shed some light on its performance......u may even open it up to check panel;) but thats after warranty is over:D:D

john_the_ultimate said:
As without it I could get the monitor.

could get or couldn't get:confused:

Last edited:

nil1982

if u are talking about consumer grade 19"crt monitors then u are better off with SE198WFP;)

Ya I was thinking of getting a ViewSonic 19" CRT. Now quality wise I ma not unhappy with my current 15" LG CRT, hope VS 19" won't be worse. Will SE198WFP be in displaying proper color?

For some Govt rule I will have to pay some percentage (that I have confirmed from my Lawyer) on the purchase amount to the Govt in West Bengal,:mad: this WB Gov's policy. Nowhere else in India any such thing happens:mad:. For a 10K LCD, I'll have to pay around another 2K (14.5% to sales tax dept and may be a few hundred bucks to the one who'll do it for me) for getting the papers.:( :( :( :( So the value for money (SE198WFP for 12K total!!!) will be no more.

So any other suggestion?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
thanks, one more thing, the 22incher has the same native resolution 1680x1050 of the 20 inchers, thenm is it ok to go with the 22" ? as i have read somewhere that with same resolution, smaller displays give crisper outputs.

Its true that bigger screen should have higher resolution. Most of the 17" screens have 1280X1024 but few Square 19" also have the same res. I think they are also good as higher resolution requires more graphics power!
So i guess this resolution is fine and at 22" its great.
Just think of it this way: U will get the resolution of 19" at the 22" size!

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
Ya I was thinking of getting a ViewSonic 19" CRT. Now quality wise I ma not unhappy with my current 15" LG CRT, hope VS 19" won't be worse. Will SE198WFP be in displaying proper color?

For some Govt rule I will have to pay some percentage (that I have confirmed from my Lawyer) on the purchase amount to the Govt in West Bengal,:mad: this WB Gov's policy. Nowhere else in India any such thing happens:mad:. For a 10K LCD, I'll have to pay around another 2K (14.5% to sales tax dept and may be a few hundred bucks to the one who'll do it for me) for getting the papers.:( :( :( :( So the value for money (SE198WFP for 12K total!!!) will be no more.

So any other suggestion?

i think u must put up this thing to dell one again that u have to spend 2k more on the purchase...then try to negotiate it for 8 or 8.5k

and yes SE198WFP would be displaying color properly

nil1982

i think u must put up this thing to dell one again that u have to spend 2k more on the purchase...then try to negotiate it for 8 or 8.5k

and yes SE198WFP would be displaying color properly

Thanks, the situation is seriously irritating. So any suggestion for 12-13K if fail to get the DELL one for proper price?

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
Thanks, the situation is seriously irritating. So any suggestion for 12-13K if fail to get the DELL one for proper price?

you may get it from a GO
it would cost u 10.4k with shipping
do let me know by pm if u are interested

or else u have LG194WT for 9.4k here in delhi, then u have viewsonic

nil1982

LG194WT seems good. So I will think of it but does LG give 3 yrs warranty like others? Didn't find anything in their website. I am assuming L194WT better than ViewSonic value series....:confused:

Choto Cheeta, where are you?:(

Last edited:

nil1982

you may get it from a GO
it would cost u 10.4k with shipping
do let me know by pm if u are interested

What about LG L206WT and L226WT (No idea about price)? Are they good? I can shed up to 14K with TAX, please suggest me something. I can go for a bigger display if available in this budget, but again, for me quality is more important than size. So any suggestions? Any good 19" or anything that suits my budget and quality with my 8600GT 256MB (well sometimes I do game:D)?

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
i hav to decide between 2 lcds:
1>AOC 913Fw
2>LG L194WT

AOC has better color reproduction (colors r more natural) than the LG whereas the LG has a DVI port with HDCP support.
both cost the same.
now i cant decide whihc one to buy.
so plz help me decide.

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
What about LG L206WT and L226WT (No idea about price)? Are they good? I can shed up to 14K with TAX, please suggest me something. I can go for a bigger display if available in this budget, but again, for me quality is more important than size. So any suggestions? Any good 19" or anything that suits my budget and quality with my 8600GT 256MB (well sometimes I do game:D)?

as for LG 226WTQ its is said to be equivalent to DELL E228WFP or sometimes better than it.LG226WTQ was last heard for 13.9k in mumbai but people report that its out of stock even there now!!grab it if u are able to find it locally there

more TFT without DVI-D HDCP is a damn compromise.Most TN's from LG or SAMSUNG OEM are almost same for color reproduction.Only difference being factory color calibration which can be very easily sorted out as per ur likes or to accuracy using tools like spyder .

Last edited:

nil1982

as for LG 226WTQ its is said to be equivalent to DELL E228WFP or sometimes better than it.LG226WTQ was last heard for 13.9k in mumbai but people report that its out of stock even there now!!grab it if u are able to find it locally there

more TFT without DVI-D HDCP is a damn compromise.Most TN's from LG or SAMSUNG OEM are almost same for color reproduction.Only difference being factory color calibration which can be very easily sorted out as per ur likes or to accuracy using tools like spyder .

LG 226WTQ is with or without DVI?:confused:

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Here you go *in.lge.com/Product/Products-Details.aspx?cat=171&pid=4779&subcat=LCD LG L226WTQ has both VGA and DVI input and it's also HDCP compliant

nil1982

Here you go *in.lge.com/Product/Products-Details.aspx?cat=171&pid=4779&subcat=LCD LG L226WTQ has both VGA and DVI input and it's also HDCP compliant
Nothing is perfect or full proof.
1. 3 years warranty is given but backlight is covered for 1 year only.:mad:
2. No DVI cable is given in the pack, have to buy separately.:mad:

Reference *www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2190883,00.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom