Which 19" inch Wide screen LCD monitor to buy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
which 22" for 13K choto? is that worth of going with it?

u can bargain on the 19" :p how ever till date I didnt see any 22" dell coming bellow 16.5k take home price :lol:

few month back dell did give the same product at 13.9k but that seemed some promotional offer as just within few days they started asking 27% in total extra as TAX :lol:

^^^
*forums.erodov.com/showthread.php?t=4043&garpg=11

let me quote the source :)

But now I got this screen-5 year warranty for 13k with the octroi-now that is out of this world. All thanks to a coupon. But you will get deals now from guys like thebanik and Ragu.

Last edited:

nil1982

^^^
*forums.erodov.com/showthread.php?t=4043&garpg=11

thanks, one more thing, the 22incher has the same native resolution 1680x1050 of the 20 inchers, thenm is it ok to go with the 22" ? as i have read somewhere that with same resolution, smaller displays give crisper outputs.

nil1982

u have 2 good option... 8.2k + TAX for the VA1912wb DVI :) and 9.7k for the dell one :) Dell is my 1st choice (personally ofcourse) :)

Even i prefer to go with DELL, but for my designing purpose I am being compelled to thinking of a CRT as well because somewhere I read that LCDs' color display is not accurate, and for me color accuracy is a very serious matter. If I make something with LCD which my client starts disliking in his CRT, I'll be in a great trouble.

If I get an LCD, it will be a DELL.

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
Hello, recently (yesterday) but they asks me to have road permit form the local sales tax dept. What is this about? How to get it and what are the expenses? Anyone having idea, please help.

really:rolleyes:
ask them again,it has to be done by shipping agency

even my SE198WFP came by road to delhi.they didn't ask for anything like that

u can bargain on the 19" :p how ever till date I didnt see any 22" dell coming bellow 16.5k take home price :lol:

hehe saurav i got my second one for 15.4k with 5 yrs warranty back in nov

Even i prefer to go with DELL, but for my designing purpose I am being compelled to thinking of a CRT as well because somewhere I read that LCDs' color display is not accurate, and for me color accuracy is a very serious matter. If I make something with LCD which my client starts disliking in his CRT, I'll be in a great trouble.

If I get an LCD, it will be a DELL.

nil just be assured u would like that LCD SE198WFP

Last edited:

nil1982

really:rolleyes:
ask them again,it has to be done by shipping agency

nil just be assured u would like that LCD SE198WFP

I asked them but they said if I am unable to get the road permit, I would not be able to place the order. :(
Thanks for the assurance. I also want to like the LCD I buy.:D

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
@nil if u can afford seriously think about DELL 2007WFP 20" ULTRASHARP.its a S-IPS panel & simply for graphics designing &color accuracy S-IPS are best buy anyday..

I asked them but they said if I am unable to get the road permit, I would not be able to place the order. :(

seriously i don't understand why they would ask u for road permit:rolleyes:

Last edited:

nil1982

@nil if u can afford seriously think about DELL 2007WFP 20" ULTRASHARP.its a S-IPS panel & simply for graphics designing &color accuracy S-IPS are best buy anyday..

hmmm, but Dell UltraSharpTM 2007WFP 20" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor is priced at Rs.18,806, can't even think of getting it right now. Lots of money already spent for my system.:cry::cry::cry:

I also don't understand, but I am inquiring from my lawyer. They said for Kolkata they need a road permit. I don't know anyone in Kolkata having DELL products to verify if it happens with everyone here.

Last edited:

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
then try a different sales representative

Bindu . J
[FONT=&quot]Inside Sales Account Manager[/FONT]
Direct No. : + 91 - 80 - 2506 8451
Board No. : + 91 - 80 - 2535 7311 / 4119 7969 (Extn No.8451)
Fax No. : + 91 - 80 - 2506 8500 / 2535 7314

Bindu_J@dell.com

nil1982

then try a different sales representative

Bindu . J
[FONT=&quot]Inside Sales Account Manager[/FONT]
Direct No. : + 91 - 80 - 2506 8451
Board No. : + 91 - 80 - 2535 7311 / 4119 7969 (Extn No.8451)
Fax No. : + 91 - 80 - 2506 8500 / 2535 7314

Bindu_J@dell.com

Thanks a lot. Hope this will be helpful.:rolleyes:

nil1982

2007WFP is out of range:(, TN panels are not so color accurate:(, CRTs have no DVI but my 8600GT have, so without DVI my 8600GT won't be giving maximum output:(. Now I think there is nothing to do for me:cry:. What say Vivek?

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
2007WFP is out of range:(, TN panels are not so color accurate:(, CRTs have no DVI but my 8600GT have, so without DVI my 8600GT won't be giving maximum output:(. Now I think there is nothing to do for me:cry:. What say Vivek?

as john did:D one option may be getting a 19" now & getting rid of it as soon as u have moolah:D:D

anyways jokes apart

these days TN's too have evolved,gone are those horrible early laptop TN screens days .With proper color calibration u may go on with them too..

if u follow the trends now almost every manufacturer is releasing 24" 1920x1200 TN screens,this segment was earlier reserved for premium 8bit panels..

now with dell too earlier ultrasharps were exclusively 8bit panels,but this too has changed with dell releasing 2208WFP ultrasharp with TN film

my only explanation is TN's are NOW "not that bad" but still for graphics use they are a compromise over S-IPS

but anyways money makes us to do compromises everyday:D:D

Last edited:

nil1982

as john did:D one option may be getting a 19" now & getting rid of it as soon as u have moolah:D:D

anyways jokes apart

these days TN's too have evolved,gone are those horrible early laptop TN screens days .With proper color calibration u may go on with them too..

if u follow the trends now almost every manufacturer is releasing 24" 1920x1200 TN screens,this segment was earlier reserved for premium 8bit panels..

now with dell too earlier ultrasharps were exclusively 8bit panels,but this too has changed with dell releasing 2208WFP ultrasharp with TN film

my only explanation is TN's are NOW "not that bad" but still for graphics use they are a compromise over S-IPS

but anyways money makes us to do compromises everyday:D:D

Right, so what about CRTs? I know they won't be able to use the capacities of the grfx card I have bought. Will a 19" analog CRT be a very bad option for me quality wise (even if a agree to pay the power bills)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom