Status
Not open for further replies.

bazigaar_no_1

Broken In
Hey people, I just need some of you guys' opinion on where to study. I've passed 12th this year and I'm planning to do Bachelors in Software Engg. next. My AIEEE national rank is 14000. So now, based on this rank, should I try n get into a good college in India or should I try and study at Australia ( cause Uni. of Melbourne n Monash University will gimme admissions based on my board exams marks..) ? Even if I stay in India, which institutions should I target ? I mean can the exposure/faculty/resources that I will get in UniMelb or Monash University (both in World's 50 best) match up to Indian colleges ? Or it doesnt matter for a Bachelor's degree ?

Thanks in Advance..

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
if u can get into these Uni. of Melbourne n Monash University adn if u can manage teh cash part ....please do go there....very good univs

OP
B

bazigaar_no_1

Broken In
Thanks wizrulz.. uhmmm... the IDP people are confident that I will be able to get into UniMelb or Monash because of my board results : 94% aggregate n 98.67% PCM. So should I consider going there only ?

pritish_kul2

★★★★★★★★★
but if u go to australia u won't get a good placement here. cause somebody i know has experienced it.

OP
B

bazigaar_no_1

Broken In
@pritish_kul2 : the companies that come for the campus interviews are the best in the world and even companies like infosys recruit employees from these universities... and I think I work there only after I graduate ..

@akshitmohan : here, I can get into Nirma Institute of Technology, Ahmedabad or SV-NIT, Surat. I can also try for the other NITs, but I didnt get through to the IITs and BITS.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
pritish_kul2 said:
but if u go to australia u won't get a good placement here. cause somebody i know has experienced it.

After studying in AUSTRALIA and specially after studying in those UNIVs do u think he is gona come back :D :D :D

probably he will get citizenship of australia in mean time...and after studying in those UNIV...who will work in INDIA..man u have to earn back what u invested....that he has do faster ..so abroad companies are better option..adn when he decides to come back..after getting exp in those univ and companies abroad ....JUST let me knw which companies will not hire HIM.. :D...

OP
B

bazigaar_no_1

Broken In
yeah... i m thinking on similar lines... getting PR of Australia and then I'll work there if I get into a good company or else I will return to India...

So what do you guys suggest ? Is anyone studying in Australia ? What's the cost of living/student life like there ?

Thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom