where r system restore files located

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
where do i find the system restore files? i tried lookin for them inside windows folder wid viewing of hidden files turned on but could not locate them. :?:

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
It's located in the Sytem Volume Information folder, right at the root directory of the drive/drives in which you have enabled System Restore.
If u aren't able to see this folder, go to Tools->Folder options->View->Hide protected OS files
and uncheck the box. Also check the "Do not hide hidden folders" chkbox.

You normally won't be allowed iside this folder. But you can allow yourself in by altering your security clearance to this folder. But you won't have any necessacity to go in there.

: SPiRiT :

Broken In
yup i agree with him... u cannot access the folder without permission.... But with "ADMIN" access bole to with admin previledges.. u sure can get back some space.. i dont have any idea y u need access to those files but if u want to save some good space(without actually turning off system restore) u can use the windows DISK CLEANUP ("More options" tab) utility.. which gives an option to delete all the restore points but the most recent one....

: SPiRiT :

Broken In
Dear Friend.. u Cannot even open the folder "System Volume Information" even with admin access... forget looking at the FILES....
But i think its possible to have access to the folder through the ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT... not the admin access...... But be careful even if u "manage" to delete a file in that folder... u may end up curroupting your system check point... So better either turn off system restore(if u wish to save space).. or delete the check points through Disk clean up( all the points but the newest one)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom