Where is the missing space??????????

pranav.seth

Journeyman
Hi guys.
I have a very strange problem. I gave my niit instructor my Moserbaer 4gb pendrive to give me MS VS 2005 setup when he gave it back to me, it was infected by a virus tazelbama.dll and had Nokia73tools and SonyEriksonTools. I deleted all the stuff and now it shows the capacity as 1.85 gb!!!! I also had a kingston 4gb which had a utility for making two partitions-public(485mb) and private(the last one required password to log in) i absent mindely formated the pendrive while it was in public mode. Now it has only 485 mb of space. Please help me asap as the moserbaer one i had borrowed from someone!!!!! :-? :mad:

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
First run a scan from a paid or online antivirus, and then format it again

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

not sure abt the kingston one though

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
pranav, i not sure but you can try deleting the partition from the pendrive though My Computer>Manage>Disk Management. than try delete the partition. if you successful, you should be able retrieve the used space back by formatting. but usually it won't work. Warranty covers these issues so no worry.

@Cybertonic, it'll hardly make a difference. the pendrive formatted. so paid or free or pirated. everyone will give Clean result.

OP
P

pranav.seth

Journeyman
no success.....no option available for deleting partition....don't have the bill of the pendrives and don't know the shop as someone else got it for me....how to claim warranty?

CA50

Cyborg Agent
use the formating utility that came with the flash drive. The one with which you created the partition.

Top Bottom