Where do i get the 3G iphone in India ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayneu

Journeyman
Hi, i am willing to buy 3G iphone, i am located in bangalore. Does anyone know where in bangalore i can buy it, whats its real cost and whats the guarantee if i buy it in a grey market ? Pls throw some light on this issue as the new iphone is awesome...Pls

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ First and foremost, Read the news clearly. iphone 3G is annonced and also clearly stated that it will be released on July 11th. huh.

Trailer dekha aur theatre ko bhaag chala :)

OP
mayneu

mayneu

Journeyman
After it is released officially in US you may try National Market at Majestic.
This is the real answer. I expect this kind of answers from thinkdigit.com thanks buddy...
I dont know why people from BNG talk nonsense to others

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
No, that’s a misleading answer. There’s little sense buying an iPhone from the grey market now that it’s going to be officially available in India, and quite possibly for an extremely and ridiculously low price. If you go the grey market route, assuming that it is available in the first place, you’ll have to shell out more than double its actual price and will be stranded without a warranty even when the phone officially makes its way here.

Don’t willingly screw yourself. Listen to intelligent advice, even if it isn’t to your liking.

Feel free to ask any more questions. :)

raksrules

Youngling
My above advice to buy from grey market is considering that the consumer is very well aware that an unlocked iphone carries no warranty and the buyer is completely responsible if anything happens to the piece.

Yes the price may be less than 10k but as you know various taxes etc will make them more expensive. Last heard vodafone had declared the price of the 8 and 16GB model as 15995 and 19995 resp. Correct me if i am wrong :)

Also price of $199 in US is misleading since you will need to activate you iphone then and there for a 2 year contract which will additionally cost $240. AT&T has upped its internet access charges from $20 to $30/month for these iphones.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yes the price may be less than 10k but as you know various taxes etc will make them more expensive.
That may or may not be true. No one is sure. Steve Jobs did say that $199 will be the maximum price in all corners of the world. O2 is even selling it for free (with a two-year contract, of course) in the U.K..

Last heard vodafone had declared the price of the 8 and 16GB model as 15995 and 19995 resp. Correct me if i am wrong :)
Yes, you are. Neither Airtel nor Vodafone has announced the pricing yet.

Also price of $199 in US is misleading since you will need to activate you iphone then and there for a 2 year contract which will additionally cost $240.
Exactly. Which is why it’s pretty useless to pay all that additional money and then unlock the device, add the price of bringing it to India and then sell it for insane prices without warranty, specially when the phone will officially be available in a month or two.

AT&T has upped its internet access charges from $20 to $30/month for these iphones.
Considering that they are getting a three times faster connection now, coupled with a phone priced at half, that’s very justifiable. :)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Please check this link for vodafone pricing

*www.fonearena.com/blog/2008/05/07/confirmed-iphone-prices.html
And you believe it just because fonearena says so? :lol:

Duuude…

Show me a link to any official press release from Apple, Airtel or Vodafone that says so.

Don’t bother. This is my job, man—I write for Macworld. This is what I do for the better part of my day. When the pricing details are revealed, rest assured, I’ll know about it. :)

praka123

left this forum longback
yeah,what happens if apple and steve jobs die?Eh? as if world will be absorbed into a blackhole then :rolleyes:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
As Aayush pointed out, no point buying it from the gray market unless off course the prices by Vodafone & Airtel are exorbitant.

once released you will be able to get it from Apple Re-Sellers, VOdafone & Airtel Outlets, yes the Reliance iStore too.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
16k price tag for 8gig feels pretty reasonble given that they can't put insanely high rentals like the USA carriers.

@arya, There are more people out there who would know the pricing of iphone before you know.

You may be macworld author but this is India dude. nobody cares if you are macworld author or some other world author.

And there are vodafone and Airtel insiders :)

We have had enough of your *youtube.com/watch?v=5YaDRjOf8rw stuff

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Any insider who has access to information as sensitive as the upcoming tariff plans is legally required to keep his/her mouth shut due to the myriad NDAs he/she has signed. This is Apple we are talking about.

Furthermore, that fonearena site claimed that Vodafone had announced those tariffs. I don’t know how much respect you have for your own intelligence, but I have enough for mine to be confident of the fact that I would know of such an announcement.

And keep the insults to yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom