Where can I get 5 - 6 year old AMD CPUs?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I have an old desktop with AM2 socket. The present CPU Athlon X2 3600+ is too slow even on XP for present day needs but a processor around twice as fast will be alright for my present requirement. As I am not willing to spend much for a new system or upgrade the present one too much, can I just buy a second hand AM2 CPU somewhere?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I have an old desktop with AM2 socket. The present CPU Athlon X2 3600+ is too slow even on XP for present day needs but a processor around twice as fast will be alright for my present requirement. As I am not willing to spend much for a new system or upgrade the present one too much, can I just buy a second hand AM2 CPU somewhere?
eBa

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Thanks. I see many more than what I saw in my search earlier. I think not all are classified properly.

quicky008

Technomancer
You can sometimes get combo offers on core 2 duo cpus+mobo+ram at fairly reasonable prices on ebay-you may keep an eye out for them if you're looking for something faster than what you already have and are not willing to spend a lot of money either.And older intel cpus are easier to find in the 2nd hand peripherals market as compared to those of amd as they are still significantly in demand and offer good performance for running everyday tasks even to this day.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The only thing I can find is a combo of motherboard+ a very decent cpu :
AMD Athlon II X4 630 Propus Quad-Core 2.8 GHz +MSI NF725GM-P31 AM3 Motherboard | eBay

Soundararajan

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I could see some decent deals in eBay. But can it be trusted ?
It seems to be risky before ordering there :|. Would it be worthy ?

Top Bottom