When will people understand......................

Status
Not open for further replies.

abrakadabra

Broken In
Cheers,

If you want to get a real taste of Linux try Slackware. Or go the Unix way try Free BSD. This way at least you guys will learn that there is a CLI in Linux/Unix.

Only wannabe Linux users use disros like Fedora, Ubuntu, Suse...... and the like. Because they think Linux is cool. These morons don't know 2 cents about Linux they just want eye candy like a freaking Transparent Panels and GUI Applications.

By the way Don't go for Fedora Core, cause it is just a beta version for Dead Rat Enterprise Linux, and also don't go for DumbIan, and SUSU Linux it just plain sucks. Period.

These are not True Open Source GNU linux. Well except for DumbIan but it still sucks because of GUI.

What is Open Source , it means Free as in Freedom of Speech and NOT Free as in Free Beer. There should be no catch, like Dead Rat sells its Enterprise version for a cost and they say they are only charging for support. Liers. Why dont they just let us download the ISO for free i dont need their fricking support, i know Linux, i have been using it for years. This is just like MS stratagy. Yeah we can install Dead Rat on any amount of systems unlike Windows, BIG DEAL, it still defeats the purpose of Open Source. FU Dead Rat.

When will people understand that Linux and Unix strong point is, that its CLI based. It has a powerful Command Line interface, unlike Windows which has crappy DOS. Everything that can be done in the idiotic GUI can be done through the Command Line in Linux and way better. Much better. Much Much Better. Developers of Beryl, Compiz, Gnome, KDE, XFCE and what not should burn in hell for destroying Linux and its good name.

And before i end this rant i have to say something to the Microsoft Windows Haters and the Linux/Unix haters (you know who you are). You haters or fanboys who claim that and this and that OS sucks should back it up with some freaking reason, otherwise no one will take you seriously. Just by saying hey man this program wont install, Windows sucks man or i just got infected with spyware and a virus Microsoft sucks dude wont do. Use some common sense, use an antivirus and an anti spyware. There are lots of free anti this and anti that stuff available on the net.

In the company i work in there are plenty of people there who use a variety of OS. Some use Linux and Some use Windows and some use Mac. Use an OS which is better suited to you.

Remember no OS is bulletproff, every OS has security lags and bugs and virus and what not. Have some common sense.

You know what i think no one hates anything, they just want to try to fit in the community. You know to look cool. Lets say there are two guys abc and xyz................

"abc"
Hey man M$ WinDOWZZZZ sucks

The other idiots join him like sheep.

"xyz"
Yeah dude, WinBLOWS man.

Don't force anyone to use Linux cause the lesser the users Linux has the more unique and prestigious community we are.

Peace.
:)

vish786

"The Gentleman"
mehulved said:
what's the point of this thread?
he has just pasted this article from some other site. :D
he's disclosing the flaws in OS's and suggesting not to force anybody regarding OS's

i too hav been telling from years dont force anybody to use windows or linux or mac.

Windows sucks man or i just got infected with spyware and a virus Microsoft sucks dude wont do. Use some common sense, use an antivirus and an anti spyware. There are lots of free anti this and anti that stuff available on the net.
Windows is not crap, Either u dont know how to operate on windows without using antivirus, or spyware... or some sort of crap... i had been using windows for years without using antivirus... so windows do not suck... u suck. :D get urself a little knowledge on how to operate windows efficiently or get some tutorials before passing some non sense comments.

the guy loves CLI mode in Linux. :D... thats the reason he tells GUI sucks in SUSE and fedora. Even Slackware uses CLI and GUI both like other OS. And linux is not only about eye candy thing... its a lot more. :D.... Eye candy thing is another feature added to it.
Why dont they just let us download the ISO for free i dont need their fricking support, i know Linux, i have been using it for years.
downloading just iso is not enough... u know to operate linux becoz of its community... ones the community is off u too will struggle how to operate and even install Distro's like FreeBSD and Openbsd... forget about installing u cant even partition the hdd for FreeBSD or OpenBSD... if those community people never tell u how to make partitions. :D

At end, a poor soul who is confused in himself. Does not know which one to use. ;)

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
At one point the post uses names like Dumbian, Susu, Dead Rat, blames GUI and it's developers on the other hand in the same articles asks people to do what they prefer.
And another point I totally disagree is GUI, the advances in GUI just show how powerful the base is and the flexibility of unix which was hardly designed for this type of graphical usage.
Seriously crap article. Nothing new, nothing informative.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
mehulved said:
Seriously crap article. Nothing new, nothing informative.

completely with u... couldn't agree more. but thought of givin him little information abt things. :)

OP
A

abrakadabra

Broken In
mehulved said:
what's the point of this thread?
infra_red_dude said:
i was about to ask the same question!!!! what is the author trying to say?
Just pointing out the obvious facts.

Cool G5 said:
Different people have different views.
pathiks said:
dunno that but i liked reading it. :) .. Never be a fanboy and try all oses..
Exactly.

vish786 said:
he has just pasted this article from some other site. :D
Kindly post the URL. Please. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

vish786 said:
Windows is not crap, Either u dont know how to operate on windows without using antivirus, or spyware... or some sort of crap... i had been using windows for years without using antivirus... so windows do not suck... u suck. :D get urself a little knowledge on how to operate windows efficiently or get some tutorials before passing some non sense comments.
Did i say Windows is crap. Man i need some english lessons. I said DOS is crappy compared to the Linux CLI.

And telling me i suck and putting a Big Grin smiley, makes you a jackass my dear friend.

vish786 said:
downloading just iso is not enough... u know to operate linux becoz of its community... ones the community is off u too will struggle how to operate and even install Distro's like FreeBSD and Openbsd... forget about installing u cant even partition the hdd for FreeBSD or OpenBSD... if those community people never tell u how to make partitions. :D
Did i say anything about community. I dont have anything bad to say on the Linux community. Linux is surviving on community. I am just saying that they (Red Hat - RHEL and Suse - SLED) should not charge for their products, even support. And even if they do they should have an option that whoever wants support can pay for the support and whoever does not need the support can fend for themselves.

vish786 said:
At end, a poor soul who is confused in himself. Does not know which one to use. ;)
You should really stop drinking. Cause you keep seeing things that i have not written.

vish786 said:
completely with u... couldn't agree more. but thought of givin him little information abt things. :)
Kissing the Mods behind, are we?

Last edited:

vish786

"The Gentleman"
abrakadabra said:
Just pointing out the obvious facts.
those r facts for u not for others.
Kindly post the URL. Please. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
if u have written it plz tell me how long u hav been using windows and linux both... and it depends on the depth of knowledge u hav abt using linux.
Did i say Windows is crap. Man i need some english lessons.

And telling me i suck and putting a Big Grin smiley, makes you a jackass my dear friend.
right from beginning u hav been bashing that both the windows and linux world suck... and just tell me the OS which does not make u suck.... :grin:
tellin it for last time... now u seriously suck. ;)

Did i say anything about community. I dont have anything bad to say on community. Linux is surviving on community. I just say they should have an option that whoever wants support can pay for the support and whoever does not need the support can fend for themselves.
why should u pay someone... when they r offering for free....
ur thinking about paying for support is ridiculous.

Kissing the Mods behind, are we?
ROLF.... mehulved is not mod anymore.
You should really stop drinking. Cause you keep seeing things that i have not written
read the aritcle again if its written by you... they r not flaws... just issues related to one user... or problems he's facing which he doesn't now how to stop those, nothing new about it.

Looks like i'm too drunk now.... will post next time when i'm not drunk.

Last edited:
OP
A

abrakadabra

Broken In
vish786 said:
if u have written it plz tell me how long u hav been using windows and linux both... and it depends on the depth of knowledge u hav abt using linux.
I have been a Sys Admin for Oracle for the past few years. We have hundreds of system here running all kinds of OS, Windows, BSD, Linux, Mac and others. If you wnat to know more why dont we discuss it over a cup of tea, my dear friend.

vish786 said:
right from beginning u hav been bashing that both the windows and linux world suck... and just tell me the OS which does not make u suck.... :grin:

What is it with you and smilies.

Yes i bash the OS i do not like. I dont like Dead Rat, SuSu and DumbIan. However i do like Gentoo, Free BSD, Slax and i love the CLI.
I also hate Gnome, KDE, and XFCE and other window environments, eye candy, and GUI Appz.

vish786 said:
why should u pay someone... when they r offering for free....
Who Red Hat, is offering something for free. Where........... Where.
Oh you are not talking about Fedora are you? As i said before Fedora is the Beta testing version of the next RHEL, so is Opensuse for SLED.

And RHEL and SLED are paid OS my dear friend. They say you dont pay for the OS itsely but pay for the support they offer. Well i dont need their fricking support. That is all i am trying to say my dear.

vish786 said:
ur thinking about paying for support is ridiculous.
Exactly what i am saying. Why should we pay for support.

vish786 said:
read the aritcle again if its written by you... they r not flaws... just issues related to one user... or problems he's facing which he doesn't now how to stop those, nothing new about it.
What problems. Did i say anything about me having a problem about something.

Dude seriously no drinking.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
abrakadabra said:
Only wannabe Linux users use disros like Fedora, Ubuntu, Suse...... and the like. Because they think Linux is cool. These morons don't know 2 cents about Linux they just want eye candy like a freaking Transparent Panels and GUI Applications.
so you mean to say that CLI in everything else other than slackware and freebsd is crippled?

abrakadabra said:
By the way Don't go for Fedora Core, cause it is just a beta version for Dead Rat Enterprise Linux, and also don't go for DumbIan, and SUSU Linux it just plain sucks. Period.
fedora is a beta version for red hat... hmmm... mebbe but hey it works and thats all that i care :) and do mind telling why debian and suse suck.

abrakadabra said:
These are not True Open Source GNU linux. Well except for DumbIan but it still sucks because of GUI.
simple, don't install a DE and WM... wid linux the choice is endless :)

abrakadabra said:
What is Open Source , it means Free as in Freedom of Speech and NOT Free as in Free Beer. There should be no catch, like Dead Rat sells its Enterprise version for a cost and they say they are only charging for support. Liers. Why dont they just let us download the ISO for free i dont need their fricking support, i know Linux, i have been using it for years. This is just like MS stratagy. Yeah we can install Dead Rat on any amount of systems unlike Windows, BIG DEAL, it still defeats the purpose of Open Source. FU Dead Rat.
i agree to some extent. red hat/suse must give an option. download for free and pay if u want support. but then i guess thats the reason why we haf distros like fedora, opensuse, centos and the biggest things is they work. as i said before, thats all i care for!

abrakadabra said:
When will people understand that Linux and Unix strong point is, that its CLI based.
when new users get used to linux after feeling at home using the GUI and advanced linux users don't need lessons on how powerful the CLI is.

abrakadabra said:
Everything that can be done in the idiotic GUI can be done through the Command Line in Linux and way better. Much better. Much Much Better.
so does that mean GUI users are forbidden to install use the CLI?

abrakadabra said:
Developers of Beryl, Compiz, Gnome, KDE, XFCE and what not should burn in hell for destroying Linux and its good name.
don't like it, don't use it! simple :) but imho these projects haf helped a lot in attracting new users who, as time passes, understand the core of linux and enjoy using CLI as much as they do seeing the visual effects of these composite managers :)

abrakadabra said:
Use some common sense, use an antivirus and an anti spyware. There are lots of free anti this and anti that stuff available on the net.
i agree to this. no point in whining when you urself are not fortified against it inspite of knowing the dangers. btw, there are a lot of users who use only common sense but no anti virus :D i'm one of them!! :)

abrakadabra said:
Use an OS which is better suited to you.
completely agree.

abrakadabra said:
Remember no OS is bulletproff, every OS has security lags and bugs and virus and what not.
agree again.

abrakadabra said:
Don't force anyone to use Linux cause the lesser the users Linux has the more unique and prestigious community we are.
thats typical mac fanboy attitude!!! (sorry fanboys!) and i don't agree to that statement one bit! if something is good let everyone haf it. why restrict it to a selected few. this attitude will only scare away new users and thats the last thing i'd want to see!!!

you posted ur views, i posted mine.

cheers :)

Last edited:
OP
A

abrakadabra

Broken In
infra_red_dude said:
so you mean to say that CLI in everything else other than slackware and freebsd is crippled?
I am just saying, Slax and Free BSD are better at handling CLI than others.

infra_red_dude said:
and do mind telling why debian and suse suck.
SuSe sucks for the same reason Red Hat sucks. We have to pay for SLED.

Any OS that has a paid version for support and and treat the free version as beta testing for gullible Linux users sucks.

They are not True Open Source.

Debian, just because they are very slow in development and releasing new security updates, and fixing bugs.

infra_red_dude said:
i agree to some extent. red hat/suse must give an option. download for free and pay if u want support.
I have nothing to add.

infra_red_dude said:
when new users get used to linux after feeling at home using the GUI and advanced linux users don't need lessons on how powerful the CLI is.
infra_red_dude said:
don't like it, don't use it! simple :) but imho these projects haf helped a lot in attracting new users who, as time passes, understand the core of linux and enjoy using CLI as much as they do seeing the visual effects of these composite managers

infra_red_dude said:
so does that mean GUI users are forbidden to install use the CLI?

For example while building a house you cant say i will build the first floor first and then lay the foundation. That is just retarded.

In the same way, first learn the CLI. That is the most powerful thing in Linux. CLI lays the foundation for Linux learning.

New users get attracted to Linux when they see all those fine things we can do with Beryl and Compiz . They dont want to learn anything in Linux, let alone how to work with the CLI, they just want their desktop to look attractive. That just pisses me off.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ thats what makes first timers shun linux! thats all i'm saying.

abrakadabra said:
New users get attracted to Linux when they see all those fine things we can do with Beryl and Compiz . They dont want to learn anything in Linux, let alone how to work with the CLI, they just want their desktop to look attractive.
so whats the problem? i don't understand why are you pissed off wid that? do they claim to be linux experts or downplay you? any particular incident that led to this?

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Why would one use slackware on desktop except to learn?
It's just too much waste of time to have slackware as your everyday use distro.
Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of slackware, but I'd use gentoo, arch over it anyday.
And also, SLED is available for download free of cost, AFAIK. Cos I did download SLED 10 after it's release. I downloaded it from Suse's site and used it for a month. I still get notification for security updates.
Maybe they've closed it now, or maybe it's a timebound trial. Then I don't know.

OP
A

abrakadabra

Broken In
infra_red_dude said:
^^^ thats what makes first timers shun linux! thats all i'm saying.

I guess i am an Angry 37 Year Old Man. HUH.

infra_red_dude said:
so whats the problem? i don't understand why are you pissed off wid that? do they claim to be linux experts or downplay you? any particular incident that led to this?
Oh, just a couple of new recrutes who did not know squat about many of the CLI based commands, and here is the fun part they told me that they were certified. Do not know what certificaton they are talking about or who hired them, but they are a couple of dumbasses, that is for sure.

mehulved said:
Why would one use slackware on desktop except to learn?
It's just too much waste of time to have slackware as your everyday use distro.
Well it was my first distro. My brother taught me all about the importance of CLI. I learnt everything i know about Linux/Unix from Slax and Free BSD. It is a challange sometimes but is not so tough if you know your way around it.

mehulved said:
Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of slackware, but I'd use gentoo, arch over it anyday.
I am a big fan of Gentoo too.

mehulved said:
And also, SLED is available for download free of cost, AFAIK. Cos I did download SLED 10 after it's release. I downloaded it from Suse's site and used it for a month. I still get notification for security updates.
Maybe they've closed it now, or maybe it's a timebound trial. Then I don't know.

Maybe. And maybe not. The last time i cheched we had pay for SLED. If is is available for free download then it will be news to me.

By the way i dont know whose account this is but i found the U/N and Pass on BugMeNot.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
abrakadabra said:
I am just saying, Slax and Free BSD are better at handling CLI than others.
plz temme how. i've been a slackware user during the initial dayz when gui was only for those who owned "fortunate hardware". i've spent my initial dayz wid slack and now use ubuntu. as a normal user (i'm not talking abt network/sys admins), i don't find ubuntu or fedora lacking anywhere when it comes to "handling" the CLI.

abrakadabra said:
Any OS that has a paid version for support and and treat the free version as beta testing for gullible Linux users sucks.

They are not True Open Source.
what is true open source? i guess apple does the same wid mac os x and its darwin based OS and thats bad.

abrakadabra said:
Debian, just because they are very slow in development and releasing new security updates, and fixing bugs.
stability and speed to deliver are the two end points of a scale! i don't think they are slow in bugfixing. yes, they are slow in releasing "stable" versions.

abrakadabra said:
For example while building a house you cant say i will build the first floor first and then lay the foundation. That is just retarded.
things haf changed now. building of houses has come along way. you get a readymade house now. all u need to do is dig space for foundation (partition ur hard disk) and there u jus put in the house wid the foundation, ground floor, first floor and even second floor!! :D (a complete linux distro including CLI, GUI and all apps!!). moreover, this house is as stable as any other house!

abrakadabra said:
In the same way, first learn the CLI. That is the most powerful thing in Linux. CLI lays the foundation for Linux learning.
i'm saying this again. this will only scare away first timers. let them install it first using something they are familiar wid - GUI. then those who wanna really get into the depth of *nix will certainly dig out the CLI and learn. those who don't, well.. they are free to do whatever they want!

consider a home user who doesn't know much about computers. he wants a system for entertainment purpose, to listen to songs, internet radio, watch movies, TV, surf the net etc. wudn't it be better if that user installs something like linux mint instead of buying or pirating windows? now, where is it necessicity for that user to learn CLI and why will he? he's no programmer, no admin... and he can install apps and apply system updates wid the gui software manager. thats all he needs to do!!! one less pirate for the country and one more user added to the linux community! :)

all i need to say is, if u are an admin then yes, you should learn CLI. if u are a home user and can get away widout using CLI then you don't need to. but to get a real taste of linux, you should experiment wid it, coz the charm of linux is still the CLI no matter how sophisticated the gui becomes :) but it shouldn't be forced upon them. thats all i'm saying (i'm talking abt the average user here).

Last edited:

vish786

"The Gentleman"
i'm little more drunk now... so be prepared.

first things first plz dont take any sort of arguments for personal, since ur a new guy(most of the members do that is why) and dont change the contents ones posted.... for better understand.
abrakadabra said:
I have been a Sys Admin for Oracle for the past few years. We have hundreds of system here running all kinds of OS, Windows, BSD, Linux, Mac and others. If you wnat to know more why dont we discuss it over a cup of tea, my dear friend.
ok i'm ready for it... but theirs something which makes me think ur lying.

What is it with you and smilies.
what re do u expect me to explain this also... okay they r used for better understandin for the reader.

Yes i bash the OS i do not like. I dont like Dead Rat, SuSu and DumbIan. However i do like Gentoo, Free BSD, Slax and i love the CLI.
I also hate Gnome, KDE, and XFCE and other window environments, eye candy, and GUI Appz.
u urself said dont be a fanboy... and i can see complete fanboyism in u. First practice before u preach.

Who Red Hat, is offering something for free. Where........... Where.
Oh you are not talking about Fedora are you? As i said before Fedora is the Beta testing version of the next RHEL, so is Opensuse for SLED.
now ur coming to the point. Beta version r not with full faults. they have latest packages for upgradin.... and the RHEL has the stable versions of same packages and SLED will be a bit more 'behind' in an attempt to be more stable which will be older and sometimes very old like it could be worse. It could be like Debian. "Party like it's 1996.

And RHEL and SLED are paid OS my dear friend. They say you dont pay for the OS itsely but pay for the support they offer. Well i dont need their fricking support. That is all i am trying to say my dear.

SLES = Enterprise server, is for businesses who need 24/7 support and a unified platform.
Exactly what i am saying. Why should we pay for support.
(elaboratin a little)........... more or less. You can use opensuse for servers and everything else. But you won't get 24/7 support and so may not want to use it for critical applications.
The only real difference is that openSUSE often ships with more "bleeding edge" software and you get no support (If you have the skill to maintain it yourself all the time, this is a non-issue).... and openSUSE only get's security updates only for two years after release, where for SLE it's five years. Which is "sorta" non-issue as the upgrades are constantly free.
they have different levels of support for different businesses in size and need.
and when SLED screws up you can get on the phone to Novell and scream at someone.
secondly and when your SLED version of OpenOffice.org has a bug or you have an urgent feature request, ~15 Novell Engineers are solving it for you in some days, if you are a big client that is :)
well, I don't think that's exclusive to Novell... the bigger and louder you are, the more notice gets taken of you, but of all Gnu/Linux distributions, only Novell has the number of Oo_O developers that allows to do that.

Should i explain anything more to you now.

Last edited:
OP
A

abrakadabra

Broken In
infra_red_dude said:
plz temme how. i've been a slackware user during the initial dayz when gui was only for those who owned "fortunate hardware". i've spent my initial dayz wid slack and now use ubuntu. as a normal user (i'm not talking abt network/sys admins), i don't find ubuntu or fedora lacking anywhere when it comes to "handling" the CLI.
infra_red_dude said:
what is true open source?
Of course Fedora and Suse dont lack in the CLI department. I agree there. My problem is that they are not true Open Source.

What is True Open Source?

No Corporate Clowns. That is the first thing that comes to mind.

True Open Source is Just a bunch of enthusiastic developers developing an OS. Free support from the community like forums like these. No paying for anything. No catch. Free as Speech in a Democracy and not free as in buy a Burger and get a Beer free. That is just retarded.

infra_red_dude said:
stability and speed to deliver are the two end points of a scale! i don't think they are slow in bugfixing. yes, they are slow in releasing "stable" versions.
I guess you are right there. Stability matters. But i still hate Debian like AIDS.

infra_red_dude said:
things haf changed now. building of houses has come along way. you get a readymade house now. all u need to do is dig space for foundation (partition ur hard disk) and there u jus put in the house wid the foundation, ground floor, first floor and even second floor!! :D (a complete linux distro including CLI, GUI and all apps!!). moreover, this house is as stable as any other house!
Ha Ha Ha ......

infra_red_dude said:
i'm saying this again. this will only scare away first timers. let them install it first using something they are familiar wid - GUI. then those who wanna really get into the depth of *nix will certainly dig out the CLI and learn. those who don't, well.. they are free to do whatever they want!

consider a home user who doesn't know much about computers. he wants a system for entertainment purpose, to listen to songs, internet radio, watch movies, TV, surf the net etc. wudn't it be better if that user installs something like linux mint instead of buying or pirating windows? now, where is it necessicity for that user to learn CLI and why will he? he's no programmer, no admin... and he can install apps and apply system updates wid the gui software manager. thats all he needs to do!!! one less pirate for the country and one more user added to the linux community! :)

all i need to say is, if u are an admin then yes, you should learn CLI. if u are a home user and can get away widout using CLI then you don't need to. but to get a real taste of linux, you should experiment wid it, coz the charm of linux is still the CLI no matter how sophisticated the gui becomes :) but it shouldn't be forced upon them. thats all i'm saying (i'm talking abt the average user here).
Hmmmmmm, You have a very good point there.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
abrakadabra said:
Cheers,

If you want to get a real taste of Linux try Slackware. Or go the Unix way try Free BSD. This way at least you guys will learn that there is a CLI in Linux/Unix.

When will people understand that Linux and Unix strong point is, that its CLI based. It has a powerful Command Line interface, unlike Windows which has crappy DOS. Everything that can be done in the idiotic GUI can be done through the Command Line in Linux and way better. Much better. Much Much Better. Developers of Beryl, Compiz, Gnome, KDE, XFCE and what not should burn in hell for destroying Linux and its good name.

Why exactly is this guy acting like an @#$@#%? NObody starts from TOP, "morons" like me who had no prior knowledge could not start by using slackware or freeBSD!! I would have returned to windows. It was this GUI of Ubuntu and excellent support that made be trash windows.

Author might be that lousy @!#$@#$ who started using linux 10 years ago when there was no GUI. Today, starting from CLI is a tough job. Using gentoo or slackware will only send an intrested guy back to windows.
Am I wrong? NO I dont think so.

Remember no OS is bulletproff, every OS has security lags and bugs and virus and what not. Have some common sense.
Wah!! Kya baat kahi. Mazaa aa gaya. I was enlightened by the knowledge of this dude. Thanks man, and I thought everything is perfect, and the safest bet is Windows. Gosh!! Trash Lin, I am back to windows. :mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom