When did you start your GEEK LIFE...

Tech&ME

Banned
Well I mean, when was the first time you used COMPUTERs and Entered this crazy world.

Please answer the questionary below to shown your GEEK career !

*i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m525/tech2me/Old%20Computers/IBM_5150_System_s1.jpg

1. How many of you have used the IBM Computer with DOS sitting on it?

2. Which was the first Operating System (OS) you have used ?

Rajesh345

Youngling
1. How many of you have used the IBM Computer with DOS sitting on it?

Never

2. Which was the first Operating System (OS) you have used ?

Win 2000 [Installed by Computer shop guy when purchased my First PC [SR1420IL] , then installed 98[Dual Boot][Friend of mine gave me original disk when he got many Original 98 SE disk's when he purchased pc's for office (bk then i had no idea about piracy)] (Installed 98 cause 98 was using in my school )

jayantr7

In the zone
I first touched the computer when I was 7 years old. It was my Uncle's computer and I played RoadRash in it. :windows: : :enforcer2:

1. Never
2. Windows XP

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I remember some IBM Computer. It used to boot up in like 2 seconds, like a TV. Used to show 32K OK.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, 1st touched a computer in 1995. Some BBC or like. Doesn't like them much at that time. Started using internet for study purpose since 2000, OS might have been Win 95/98. Seriously started using computers since 2002 thanks to purchase of a PC at home, Test Drive 6 and Digit. And hooked ever since... ;)

Regarding your queries:-
1. Used during PG a couple of times, but can't remember anything properly. I was bio student, you know. :)
2. Windows Me. :hyper: The finest piece of art MS ever created...

R2K

In the Zone
i started using computers when i was in 4th grade(1994)..I am not sure if it was DOS on IBM machines...but i remember the computer looked same as in the picture posted above. It was a computer with b/w crt monitor...LOL its hard to remember anything now..

They used to teach us LOGO-beginners programming language..No wonder every kid in my class used to get atleast one hit on his head on each computer class from our teacher....LOL:D...i still can't believe they made us learn a programming language from 4 th grade at that time period...

I remember i used windows 95 (Our computer lab had a huge upgrade with shiny new branded computers and all sorts of stuff.. including a new teacher:D)

But i couldn't own a PC till i got into 11th grade and life was never the same as it used to be :D.
I don't Know why but i am not really proud of being a geek anymore)

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Well, 1st touched a computer in 1995. Some BBC or like. Doesn't like them much at that time. Started using internet for study purpose since 2000, OS might have been Win 95/98. Seriously started using computers since 2002 thanks to purchase of a PC at home, Test Drive 6 and Digit. And hooked ever since... ;)

Regarding your queries:-
1. Used during PG a couple of times, but can't remember anything properly. I was bio student, you know. :)
2. Windows Me. :hyper: The finest piece of art MS ever created...

I guess the below one is the one...! I learnt to type of that. And basic DOS commands. 5 1/2" floppies...! Oh what a life that was.

*t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRPWxl24mnCSPzVXVlhmgnO8X23XvTGXpKhDO5fZp429oHqc4z

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^5 1/2" floppies were huge....& now we have huge capacity tiny pendrives as small as thumb nail :grin:

I still remember going to cybercafe for printout with floppy....& dealer used to say...
"floppy read nahi ho raha boss..corrupt ho gaya..." & i used to do this :pullhair:

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
I guess the below one is the one...! I learnt to type of that. And basic DOS commands. 5 1/2" floppies...! Oh what a life that was.

*t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRPWxl24mnCSPzVXVlhmgnO8X23XvTGXpKhDO5fZp429oHqc4z

And the craze about floppies...

^^5 1/2" floppies were huge....& now we have huge capacity tiny pendrives as small as thumb nail :grin:

I still remember going to cybercafe for printout with floppy....& dealer used to say...
"floppy read nahi ho raha boss..corrupt ho gaya..." & i used to do this :pullhair:

Yes buddies,
That's true NOSTALGIA!!

I used that machine when I was in class II back then, and as @asingh said, it was indeed a great life, getting oppourtunity to touch a COMPUTER

We used to learn GW BASIC then, the computer used the below 5 1/2" floppy to boot..... :-D

*i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m525/tech2me/Old%20Computers/floppydisk.gif

And the GW BASIC : GW-BASIC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
On that computer our teacher used to make us learn typing. He would cover our hands+keyboard with a cloth..so we could not look down..!
:)

yea, those discs went corrupt really fast.

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
^^ Old is GOLD!!

Look where we have gotten ourselfs now!!

You will be surprised to know that my AT machine with windows 95 on it is still in working condition ......... :-D , have stopped using it anyway, long back!

sujoyp

Grand Master
1. I have used IBM old PC which had DOS or some wired OS in it...We used to put those biggg floppy in it and run program.

2. 1st OS may be Win 95 in computer institutes...

I own PC from 1999 but went to comp classes from 1996 onwards...aah feel soo old now:razz::razz:

Top Bottom