When did you start your GEEK LIFE...

Kniwor

Learner
I've used the IBM's with DOS, and the 5 1/2" floppies to boot. Though, I feel I'm not a true geek anymore (and it brings me sadness). The greatest symbol of that is perhaps not owning a Desktop. Somewhere over the years the time spent on modding PCs was replaced by pretty ladies. Life was much simpler back then, I knew exactly what to do to get things to work (things that interested me, i.e. PCs). Not so much anymore.

R2K

In the Zone
^^ Or the reason may be loneliness.
Being a Geek is never easy. Girls try to stay away from Geek's since they prefer dumb terminals to delegate all their work too. :p
But they DO come to ask for help, when their's no other way! FTW!

Most of the time Being a geek kept me away from social life.
I think my computers and Tech madness while i was a teen was the main reason of me becoming an introvert. You don't realize this Until you are out there in the world away from your home dealing with different ppl u don't even know.

Girls were never a concern. I know a lot of ppl(even my close relatives) who are so fu*ked up in their life and career just because they got into a relationship).....Moreover most of my neighbours and relatives consider me as a quite/silent kinda guy who does not cause or get into any type of trouble unlike other ppl in my area in my age group....so getting a girl is not a difficult option BTW;):D

The reason behind this may be the spread of technology, which was not there in the past. Now everyone is surrounded by so many technologies, we don't feel so much proud of being a Geek!

Not really buddy:)

@jsjs
Do list the places where u can find that kinda girls like in your siggy other than computer stores:D.....others might call you a weirdo and warn their brothers or dad abt you:D

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I think my computers and Tech madness while i was a teen was the main reason of me becoming an introvert. You don't realize this Until you are out there in the world away from your home dealing with different ppl u don't even know.

Girls were never a concern. I know a lot of ppl(even my close relatives) who are so fu*ked up in their life and career just because they got into a relationship).....Moreover most of my neighbours and relatives consider me as a quite/silent kinda guy who does not cause or get into any type of trouble unlike other ppl in my area in my age group....so getting a girl is not a difficult option BTW;):D

Can't even begin to say how much Agreed I am on your opinion!
I was also a quiet guy, and never cause or get into any trouble. But now sometimes I feel, maybe I should have.
Being the biggest sibling had its repercussions.

jsjs

Journeyman
@R2K
that's just a siggy thing man which i had read somewhere, nobody including me would ever say that to a girl.
Btw i thought only i was introvert and sat infront of my pc when others were out playing. Now i know most geeks are alike

R2K

In the Zone
Can't even begin to say how much Agreed I am on your opinion!
I was also a quiet guy, and never cause or get into any trouble. But now sometimes I feel, maybe I should have.

guess i am not the only one:D

@R2K
that's just a siggy thing man which i had read somewhere, nobody including me would ever say that to a girl.
Btw i thought only i was introvert and sat infront of my pc when others were out playing. Now i know most geeks are alike

LOL.....i know that:D
BTW if u are still a teen, better try to get out there and start hanging out with your friends....Believe me... it gets so much hard to go back once you start to hate real social life:smile:

Last edited:
OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned

Not really buddy:)

Ya AGREE with you on this buddy. Things change once you grow older.

And being the smallest also!! (as I am!)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I first saw a computer live in college hostel. The senior used to guard the PC like his most precious thing and we freshers were allowed to watch from the back wall. Obviously we must not touch!!! Had to oil him too much to first use MSPaint.

My geeklife started with one incident. Second sem. I had bought PC and knew nothing of it apart from how to play song in Winamp and WMP. Got the Winamp s/w from one of senior. Now my Winamp got crashed and I went to the senior for the s/w. He made me wait three days and lots of hot words how he's the superior human being etc. I have had enough. I asked his roommates where from he gets the s/w and they told me the secret word "Digit".

I saved money from my tiffin, cut budget from other expenses and next month bought Digit. Since then there was no stopping.

Next phase was when I was allowed to enter Internet lab (second yr)!!! That was my turning point in my life. Whenever I used to get time I was in the lab. Kaise na kaise maine Lab-ke sir ko pataya (we became great frnds later, I used to give him all songs he could imagine and he would let me sit in the lab, remember only me, none else :D )

I still remember, in final year one gal wrote in my slambook how she hated me for sitting infront of the computer for hours and not talking to them.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Interesting story pal! Computer labs have been the Haven for almost every geek out there, and a stepping stone for everything he does afterwards!
But it's sad, how most of the geek stories ends up in the word(s) synonyms to absence of social life. :(

axes2t2

I am a cat
My geek life started in the year 2000.My friends big bro was doing engineering so he used to read Digit(Chip) back then.

Out of curiosity I borrowed one issue from him and rest as they say is.....:)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Got to admit.It started since I started reading digit. And glorified when I started here as a noobie member. Back in 2006. When I was 15. hmmm. So, it was 6 years ago. And yes, this life did cost me a bit/a lot of social life. And I don't want to throw blame on any factors. Because.. I clearly made the choice. There was a time, when I had to choose from pulling some info from web and to go out and hang out with friends. I have clearly chosen the former. And, there were times, when I regretted my decisions. But, not more than couple of times.

NitrousNavneet

Racing 24X7
1. How many of you have used the IBM Computer with DOS sitting on it?

Never , Its the worst thing in the pc

2. Which was the first Operating System (OS) you have used ?

My father bought a pc at home for working remaining things in TAlly . When I was in class 3rd , So my 1st OS was 98

Top Bottom