What's your opinion about Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500?

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
One thing to consider with all other feature is lock strength.As its costly bike.Don't buy unless you have safe parking space and gate.

The lock is not safe to keep bike in street at night.It can be stolen

[YOUTUBE]IHFg4P_tKxQ[/YOUTUBE]

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
One thing to consider with all other feature is lock strength.As its costly bike.Don't buy unless you have safe parking space and gate.

The lock is not safe to keep bike in street at night.It can be stolen

[YOUTUBE]IHFg4P_tKxQ[/YOUTUBE]

true that :)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
not until a couple of more more months. need to save up some more.. :(

There is a pillion seat. its covered up by a cover to make it look sporty. so if you remove it, there is a pillion seat.

PS: can you share how you are paying for the bike?? the down payment, loans/emi etc..?

- - - Updated - - -

y'know, im still undecided on the TB350 and the TB500.

do you think i can manage a ride on yours when you come to Pune??

OP
dude1

dude1

Journeyman
not until a couple of more more months. need to save up some more.. :(

There is a pillion seat. its covered up by a cover to make it look sporty. so if you remove it, there is a pillion seat.

PS: can you share how you are paying for the bike?? the down payment, loans/emi etc..?

- - - Updated - - -

y'know, im still undecided on the TB350 and the TB500.

do you think i can manage a ride on yours when you come to Pune??

Total cash payment...
Yup sure... I'll arrive in pune next month...
Why undecided? 500 felt better than 350 on the open road that I took the test ride on. Or is fuel economy the factor for confusion?...Didnt you get a testride?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i got test drive for 350... not 500.

and fuel economy is a factor amongst others.. i thought since i wont going for road trips regularly, no use of the 500..

PM me when you have some time after you arrive. :) hope you are going to drive the TB from Beed to Pune :D

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I haven't read the posts above in detail, just took a glance at them. Some points:

You don't buy a Royal Enfield for fuel economy. You buy it because it is Royal Enfield. If you want fuel economy, buy a bike instead.
"Royal Enfields are for people who don't have any job", my father says most of the time. No matter what, something will go wrong with it. You have to maintain it with all efforts. To quote Sharry Mann from a song, "Bada bullet pyara si, aap na nhaude bullet chamkaunde"(Loved bullet a lot, used to wash it regardless of whether I've taken a bath).
Continuing with the above song, "Te holi chalaunde"(and rode it slowly). I see many Bullets, Classics and even Thunderbirds cutting between traffic and overtaking everyone. No, that's not what a Royal Enfield is for. For all that, there are bikes.
You pay close to 2L for a RE, that is considered as a "premium bike" by many. Obviously you will get brilliant after sales service. No. You are supposed to maintain it yourself, the "service" at the service center is not the Royal treatment Royal Enfield deserves. Bikes get that treatment at their centers.

So a Royal Enfield is not for fuel economy, easy maintenance, or even power. Then what is for, you ask? I don't know. But I can relate it to an iPhone ad, "If you don't have an iPhone, you don't have an iPhone". I don't think, at all, that comparing the legendary REs to iPhone does justice, because iPhones are not great but REs are incredible. Why? I don't know.
Oh, and these were just [STRIKE]problems[/STRIKE] experiences related to Royal Enfields in general. Let's get specific to TB500:
The rear seat is not at all good. It's too small for anyone to sit comfortably for more than 15 minutes.
The back support for rear seat is virtually non-existent. Every time RE is accelerated, the pillion would feel he's about to fall down.
Maneuvering it through Indian roads will terrify you.

But then why do I like it? I don't know. Is it the white ring in headlamp that smiles at you? Or the roar it produces when you pull the accelerator? Or the open mouth almost every passerby has when they hear the roar(roar on stock exhaust; not bullet's thump thump)? Or just because it is a Royal Enfield? Again, I don't know.

It's like what redeff feels for his Audi A4(Team BHP). It's not the most sensible choice, but it's what he loves. Similar case with most of Royal Enfield owners, and I hope in some time, you too. Congrats on your Royal Enfield. :)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I haven't read the posts above in detail, just took a glance at them. Some points:

You don't buy a Royal Enfield for fuel economy. You buy it because it is Royal Enfield. If you want fuel economy, buy a bike instead.
"Royal Enfields are for people who don't have any job", my father says most of the time. No matter what, something will go wrong with it. You have to maintain it with all efforts. To quote Sharry Mann from a song, "Bada bullet pyara si, aap na nhaude bullet chamkaunde"(Loved bullet a lot, used to wash it regardless of whether I've taken a bath).
Continuing with the above song, "Te holi chalaunde"(and rode it slowly). I see many Bullets, Classics and even Thunderbirds cutting between traffic and overtaking everyone. No, that's not what a Royal Enfield is for. For all that, there are bikes.
You pay close to 2L for a RE, that is considered as a "premium bike" by many. Obviously you will get brilliant after sales service. No. You are supposed to maintain it yourself, the "service" at the service center is not the Royal treatment Royal Enfield deserves. Bikes get that treatment at their centers.

So a Royal Enfield is not for fuel economy, easy maintenance, or even power. Then what is for, you ask? I don't know. But I can relate it to an iPhone ad, "If you don't have an iPhone, you don't have an iPhone". I don't think, at all, that comparing the legendary REs to iPhone does justice, because iPhones are not great but REs are incredible. Why? I don't know.
Oh, and these were just [STRIKE]problems[/STRIKE] experiences related to Royal Enfields in general. Let's get specific to TB500:
The rear seat is not at all good. It's too small for anyone to sit comfortably for more than 15 minutes.
The back support for rear seat is virtually non-existent. Every time RE is accelerated, the pillion would feel he's about to fall down.
Maneuvering it through Indian roads will terrify you.

But then why do I like it? I don't know. Is it the white ring in headlamp that smiles at you? Or the roar it produces when you pull the accelerator? Or the open mouth almost every passerby has when they hear the roar(roar on stock exhaust; not bullet's thump thump)? Or just because it is a Royal Enfield? Again, I don't know.

It's like what redeff feels for his Audi A4(Team BHP). It's not the most sensible choice, but it's what he loves. Similar case with most of Royal Enfield owners, and I hope in some time, you too. Congrats on your Royal Enfield. :)

that bold sentence. :)

i'm going for the TB350.

PS: i have seen a RE Service Center here in Pune, and its pretty good. perhaps not at bling bling as other, say Yamaha/Honda SCs, but yeah, its as rugged as the bike.
PPS: you need to update on the current gen of REs. they are not as hihg maintenance as is inferred from your post.
PPPS: comparing iphones to REs??? how.. what.. WHY?
PPPPS: i am buying this bike SOLELY for me. not any effin' pillion rider. but yeah, when i do have a pillion rider, and i accelerate, i want HER to grab me hard. ;)
PPPPPS: i have manoeuvred the TB350 through horri-fvcin-ble Pune traffic. I loved it.
PPPPPPS: do you have a RE?? which model?

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
that bold sentence. :)

i'm going for the TB350.

PS: i have seen a RE Service Center here in Pune, and its pretty good. perhaps not at bling bling as other, say Yamaha/Honda SCs, but yeah, its as rugged as the bike.
PPS: you need to update on the current gen of REs. they are not as hihg maintenance as is inferred from your post.
PPPS: comparing iphones to REs??? how.. what.. WHY?
PPPPS: i am buying this bike SOLELY for me. not any effin' pillion rider. but yeah, when i do have a pillion rider, and i accelerate, i want HER to grab me hard. ;)
PPPPPS: i have manoeuvred the TB350 through horri-fvcin-ble Pune traffic. I loved it.
PPPPPPS: do you have a RE?? which model?

Try giving a bike to them for service. My Access 125 is actually "serviced" whereas for the RE, it drinks more engine oil, gets washed and is returned with a wire or two loose. Last time, the indicators had stopped working after getting it serviced. That's the case at every RE service center.
They don't need the same amount of maintenance needed by older REs, yes, but it is more than what normal bikes need.
I said, I don't know.
;)
That's good. I didn't like it.
Thunderbird 500. Had posted a couple of pics in the purchase thread last year.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
can you post again??

*fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/64184_580133648682212_1776017205_n.jpg

*fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/t1.0-9/542751_580133822015528_1036695738_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

*fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/v/t1.0-9/421866_580133928682184_100621378_n.jpg?oh=8ad941654fdb89f2fd3c0928aeeb08d6&oe=53F9D43D&__gda__=1408572258_0576fee55f7851ac17ee878fb316ce53

*fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/179662_580133902015520_786578530_n.jpg

Top Bottom