What's your opinion about Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500?

dude1

Journeyman
Hello guyz! For last three years I've been using red hero honda hunk for daily commutes. A good bike with decent looks and average power. It served me faithfully but now I want to change it. Thought of Pulsar 400, but due to its uncertain release date, dropped it.Been thinking of some options like CBR 250, classic 500 and Thunderbird 500/350. Had to reject CBR250 as it did not(in some of my friends opinion) suit my heavier built. Had a tough time choosing between classic and thunderbird, but now I am inclined towards thunderbird 500 after reading many user reviews. Just wanted to know what you guyz think...Any opinions/suggestions/options? I will be buying/booking the bike on 20th april.Thanks.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
my vote for Classic 500.

i'll buy the same one in the near future. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

and Thunderbird is more like a chopper style.

Classic is vintage Royal Enfield Style. ;)

but its all how you wish to present your style of riding. go for a test drive and buy what suits your needs.

btw, where are you based in?

OP
dude1

dude1

Journeyman
my vote for Classic 500.

i'll buy the same one in the near future. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

and Thunderbird is more like a chopper style.

Classic is vintage Royal Enfield Style. ;)

but its all how you wish to present your style of riding. go for a test drive and buy what suits your needs.

btw, where are you based in?
Hi....
I have not tried classic. I had a test ride of thunderbird 350 (old version)and its power was Awesome! I could only imagine what a 500 cc engine could do!
Is classic as comfy as TB? I am from pune.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
And the more i think about it, the more i lean towards Thunderbird. I'll have to test drive it.

OP
dude1

dude1

Journeyman
Dude!! Im in Pune too. Which shop are you trying from?? In hadapsar?
And the more i think about it, the more i lean towards Thunderbird. I'll have to test drive it.
I stay in kothrud. I would probaly try from the new royal enfields dealership near chandini chowk. Rightly said, thunderbird Feels more practical in city because of improved handling . You know the traffic of pune!Dual disc brake feels necessary here...Besides the looks(matte black finish) and projector headlamp setup is AWESOME!!

Last edited:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I went to the Baner shop yesterday. Will go for test drive today. But the TB500 is 1.85lacs. :O

I'll have to postpone my plan by a few months.

And Pune traffic is the worst I've seen. No one obeys traffic rules. Anything goes. Everyone rules the roads. :/

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
uploadfromtaptalk1397365610333.jpg

Here are the prices. Are they the same at your end?

OP
dude1

dude1

Journeyman
I went to the Baner shop yesterday. Will go for test drive today. But the TB500 is 1.85lacs. :O

I'll have to postpone my plan by a few months.

And Pune traffic is the worst I've seen. No one obeys traffic rules. Anything goes. Everyone rules the roads. :/
Exactly! The Moped riders rule the street. That's why I thought Twin disk brakes would be a boon.

Yeah the matte TB is awesome. I lurrrrrved it.
It has that effect!

View attachment 14166

Here are the prices. Are they the same at your end?
Yup! exact same prices here. I think I have made my mind of getting the TB500. 10 days is the waiting period I guess?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
why from beed?? your hometown?

- - - Updated - - -

are the costs same?

- - - Updated - - -

and its the 500cc, right?

abhidev

Human Spambot
how is the new Continental GT compared to Thunderbird ???

*royalenfield.com/continentalgt/the-bike

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
well, for one, its ~2.2Lac.
2nd, its 535cc.
3rd, its a racing bike
4th, its sesky as hell ;)
5th, i cant buy it. :p

Top Bottom