Whats the proper method of cleaning LCD screens?

quicky008

Technomancer
There were a lot of fingerprints all over my LCD screen,so i tried cleaning them yesterday using a piece of lint free cloth(that was included with my monitor during purchase)that was slightly moistened with plain water-even though i nearly succeeded in removing all the fingerprints,the screen was left with several white smears after I finished cleaning it.I tried to remove them by rubbing them gently with the lint free cloth,but they still remained.Is there any way to remove them permanently?These smudges look really annoying and so I'm trying rather desperately to get rid of them for good.Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Go to chandni and buy a LCD cleaner.
Or if you have isopropyl alcohol at your place, rubbing the screen with a soft cloth after applying it will give you the same result.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
I've heard that using isopropyl alcohol may cause damage to the screen-do you think it will be a good idea to use commercially available LCD cleaners?Do they leave behind any stains after cleaning?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
@quicky008,you could have THIS CLEANING KIT form e-bay OR from a shop at Chandni(you've to search a few shops).

I am using it,it keeps my PHILIPS 20" LED-Backlit 202EL2SB/94 Monitor with sparkling results,free from any smudges,marks,etc.

Top Bottom