Whats the difference in these 2 motherboards?

Aesir

Broken In
ASUS P8Z77-M Motherboard
ASUS P8Z77-M Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

ASUS P8Z77-M PRO Motherboard
ASUS P8Z77-M PRO Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

Needed for a gaming PC. The M-Pro is expensive by about 2.5k, what else? I had originally ordered the M-pro from flipkart to build a new gaming PC, but delivery has been delayed and it says out of stock? Is it fine to cancel that order and ordered a p8z77-m instead which is in stock and is cheaper?

Myth

Cyborg Agent
pro has more usb 3.0, audio ports(6), TPU switch, EPU switch, Quad-GPU SLI and Quad-GPU CrossFireX Support.

Source : Compare ASUS P8Z77-M and ASUS P8Z77-M PRO

I had the same problem. Cancelled the FK order and taking locally from kolkata.
The item was already "out of stock" ten days ago, but FK didnt think it right to inform shoppers.

OP
A

Aesir

Broken In
pro has more usb 3.0, audio ports(6), TPU switch, EPU switch, Quad-GPU SLI and Quad-GPU CrossFireX Support.

Source : Compare ASUS P8Z77-M and ASUS P8Z77-M PRO

I had the same problem. Cancelled the FK order and taking locally from kolkata.
The item was already "out of stock" ten days ago, but FK didnt think it right to inform shoppers.

I am confident I am never going to use SLi or Crossfire. Don't care about the extra audio or USB ports either. What is the significance of TPU and EPU switches?
I ordered it 5 days back, and at that time it said 'available, delivered in 6-8 days'.

^^and the no of phases are different :)

What kind of difference does that make?

Last edited:

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
^ The quality of power phases is also taken into account. Just 'more power phases' don't make a difference. In this specific case, they'll surely do.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
^^exactly.....
at the same price range voltage regulation of Asrock is worse than that of asus boards...the reason being the quality of phases.

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
^^exactly.....
at the same price range voltage regulation of Asrock is worse than that of asus boards...the reason being the quality of phases.
Apologize for interrupting the thread but can you tell me if the 'ASRock Z77 Extreme4' is a good mobo for OC'ing or not? Is it good overall as a mobo?

The reason I'm asking is because of what you said here & it caught my eye :(
I'll be getting that ASRock mobo this Thursday from Mdcomputers Kolkata shop & I thought it might be better to ask you before I buy...so plz reply

saswat23

Human Spambot
Why dont you get the Asus P8Z77-M PRO from MD Computers. IMO its a better option than AsRock Z77 Extreme 4. But specs wise both are almost similar.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
Apologize for interrupting the thread but can you tell me if the 'ASRock Z77 Extreme4' is a good mobo for OC'ing or not? Is it good overall as a mobo?

The reason I'm asking is because of what you said here & it caught my eye :(
I'll be getting that ASRock mobo this Thursday from Mdcomputers Kolkata shop & I thought it might be better to ask you before I buy...so plz reply

if you are serious about overclocking...STAY AWAY FROM ASROCK for now.

Top Bottom