what's important, gpu or cpu....???

Status
Not open for further replies.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Ain't that an matx board.......??
AFAIK the sata ports would be blocked if i use an hd6950 on that board

if you use sata cables with 90degree rotated points, this problem is solved. nowadays gigabyte boards come with these cables.

aloodum

Journeyman
The keyword here is balanced followed by bottle necking,In the last 5 years most games have been more gpu dependent than CPu ...bariing a few exceptions and anamolies (GTA 4 anyone ?:p)

I`d advise you to get a Sandy Bridge core i5 system..even the cheapest one. Reasone?
1. Its 32nm..runs way cooler, drinks less wattage juice and more thermally stable than any phenom quad.IIRC phenoms have a max T junction limit of 62 dec C compared to a whopping 105 deg C on the 2nd gen corei5`s

2. It simply whoops the ass of competing CPU`s.

Trust me, think of it as an future proff investment,As more games take advantage of multiple threads on multiple cores of the CPu the gap between a core i5 and a phenom will increase even more.

Having said that i`ll confuse a bit more :p

If you wait a lil bit more, do So.Why?

1. Win 8 should show the real potential of 2011`s biggets flop..he bulldozer cpus. If Win 8 can finally understand the Schedling of threads on the BullZi , trust me it will be one game changer.

2. 28 Nm Ivy Bridge is due to come out ...Cooler and faster by upto 20-25% over its sandy brige cousins...this looks like a fireball in the making.

If not anything, they will certaily drive down the prices of SB`s :p

sukesh1090

Adam young
@grv750,
buddy it comes with two SATA cables and both have L(bent) connectors at one end and if you want you can always buy connectors separately,it is not a big issue.keep in mind that "kuch pane kiliye kuch khona padtha hei" you can't get everything in the price range you want to spend.so either spend more or just spend five minutes more while assembling your system.those SATA are not very big problem.one thing i can say is you can overclock your 965 like a hell in this board.i reached 4GHz with my 955 without overvolting that is at 1.4v.and reached 4.1GHz at 1.425.if i go further i may able to hit 4.3GHz.
one problem i found with this board is its dual BIOS.it didn't work for me or i understood it wrongly about how it works.whenever i tried to lower my cas latencies of my vangeance by upping voltage to 1.65v.my system boots but doesn't shows the display i have to clear the CMOS to get it back working.sometimes even it works.except this everything else works amazing.anyhow you are not going to get this dual BIOS feature in any other vendor mobos,you don't take it much seriously.

OP
G

grv750

Broken In
checked nehru place today......couldn't find 6950 anywhere.... :(

also couldn't find 965 be.........but 960be was available.
Can i buy that??

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I think it must be Phenom II X4 960T.

X4 960T can unlock to a 6 core CPU. :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
:facepalm: i have same board. don't know how i missed the part :oops:

one problem i found with this board is its dual BIOS.it didn't work for me or i understood it wrongly about how it works.whenever i tried to lower my cas latencies of my vangeance by upping voltage to 1.65v.my system boots but doesn't shows the display i have to clear the CMOS to get it back working.sometimes even it works.except this everything else works amazing.anyhow you are not going to get this dual BIOS feature in any other vendor mobos,you don't take it much seriously.

err, does dual bios works like this? AFAIK, second bios acts like a backup bios. if by flashing first bios chip gets damaged or burn off, mobo switches to second bios chip but you can't update second bios.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
checked nehru place today......couldn't find 6950 anywhere.... :(

also couldn't find 965 be.........but 960be was available.
Can i buy that??

you can get HD6950 from here ;-)
Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 - 1GB

J

Joker

if u want to buy, then buy. otheriwse u just keep on waiting.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@grv750,
buddy it comes with two SATA cables and both have L(bent) connectors at one end and if you want you can always buy connectors separately,it is not a big issue.keep in mind that "kuch pane kiliye kuch khona padtha hei" you can't get everything in the price range you want to spend.so either spend more or just spend five minutes more while assembling your system.those SATA are not very big problem.one thing i can say is you can overclock your 965 like a hell in this board.i reached 4GHz with my 955 without overvolting that is at 1.4v.and reached 4.1GHz at 1.425.if i go further i may able to hit 4.3GHz.

err, does dual bios works like this? AFAIK, second bios acts like a backup bios. if by flashing first bios chip gets damaged or burn off, mobo switches to second bios chip but you can't update second bios.

Sukesh, dual BIOS works almost as stated by Sam. In addition, if your first BIOS gets corrupted due to flashing or something it copies the recovery BIOS to the first BIOS and reboot the system. Actually, this is the first step. Only if there's any physical damage to the first BIOS, the mobo switches to the 2nd BIOS. And other vendors do have this feature in their boards sparingly, although none advertise them or utilize them as much as Gigabyte does.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@grv750,check here by calling.they are listed as sapphire official distributor in India:
Aditya Infotech Ltd. HOME Page

some online options:
HIS H695FN1G2M Radeon HD 6950 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Graphic Card with Eyefinity

SAPPHIRE HD 6950 2GB GDDR5

sukesh1090

Adam young

^^if i am right bro then the second BIOS should work whenever the main BIOS fails it could be anything like addition of wrong values in BIOS,then the first BIOS fails to boot so the details in back up BIOS will be copied to main BIOS and booting process continues.

OP
G

grv750

Broken In
finally got my rig today.......
Msi 880gma e35 fx + amd phenom II x4 960t BE (rs 10550)
Corsair xms3 4gb ram with heatsink(rs 1200)
Sapphire hd6870 (rs 10950)
Corsair gs600 psu (rs 3950)
Hp dvd rw+ 24x (rs 950)
Wd 500gb sata 2year warranty (rs 4050)
Cooler master elite 311 (rs1750)
Benq g2222hdl 22inch led (rs 6900)
I ball tarang 2.1 (rs 1380)
KB + mouse logitech mk200 combo (rs 650).
Will get it assembled tomorrow....... :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ and he better not oc / unlock the cpu and OP's mobo supports cpus upto 95W TDP only.

@ OP - congrats on your new purchase ;-)

OP
G

grv750

Broken In
^^this is very bad news especially when i went with amd due to their budget oc capabilities.... :(
Can i get this mobo replaced.....??
I got it from computer empire nehru place.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^this is very bad news especially when i went with amd due to their budget oc capabilities.... :(
Can i get this mobo replaced.....??
I got it from computer empire nehru place.
I can't answer whether it can be replaced or not.

But you should have cross checked beforing firing the gun on the motherboard.

OP
G

grv750

Broken In
i just called them and they said that they will replace it.
Please reply fast which mobo should i buy.......reply fast with 2-3 mobos list as i'm on my way to nehru place.

they dont have ga880gm usb3 as of yesterday.
I dont care about usb3 at this point as long as i'm able to oc both cpu and my gpu. Pls suggest 2-3 boards in rs5500 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom