Whats app related query

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
To all whats app users out there I have aquery

Lets say I activated whats up with some 9xxxx xxxxA mobile number. Then changed the Sim with 9xxxx xxxxB. So will whats app still report it is being used with 9xxxx xxxxA??

Flash

Lost in speed
Lets say you're on Whatsapp with #1 and name as "Avi" and in a group "G1" . Later, you've changed the whatsapp with #2 and updated the number. Your friend in G1 (and all contacts) will still see "Avi" in their whatsapp, only when they see your profile they will notice you've changed from #1 to #2.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Lets say you're on Whatsapp with #1 and name as "Avi" and in a group "G1" . Later, you've changed the whatsapp with #2 and updated the number. Your friend in G1 (and all contacts) will still see "Avi" in their whatsapp, only when they see your profile they will notice you've changed from #1 to #2.
He meant if we've changed the sim cards and not the phone number linked to the account.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
No. He've said two diff no's - 9xxxx xxxxA mobile number. Then changed the Sim with 9xxxx xxxxB.

Still you don't get it. He is not talking about Change number from whatsapp menu. He is just changing sim and trying to use whatsapp registered with old sim. He wants to know if whatsapp will detect the sim being changed.

To the OP's query, I think it depends on your luck, sometimes it detects and sometimes it doesn't .

beingGamer

In the zone
To all whats app users out there I have aquery

Lets say I activated whats up with some 9xxxx xxxxA mobile number. Then changed the Sim with 9xxxx xxxxB. So will whats app still report it is being used with 9xxxx xxxxA??

it detects the number being changed and it will report as the new number.

$hadow

Geek in making
Whats app works with number and not with the phone. The moment you change the sim whats app will notify it as a new number.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
No, WhatsApp won't detect until you change the no from WhatsApp manually.
There is nothing called as detection or whatever as far as WhatsApp is considered. I believe WhatsApp has not been made so smart intentionally to give users flexibility.

Have been using this way since long.

PS: i don't know how people are replying opposite.

vito scalleta

In the zone
No, WhatsApp won't detect until you change the no from WhatsApp manually.
There is nothing called as detection or whatever as far as WhatsApp is considered. I believe WhatsApp has not been made so smart intentionally to give users flexibility.

Have been using this way since long.

PS: i don't know how people are replying opposite.

+1

i dont believe wats app has anything to do with our phone's sim card except during activation.
heck u dont even need a phone to run wats app. u can install wats app on pc using blue stacks and confirm a phone number using the code and it will still work. that is if u dont use the same number to activate wats app on another device in which case it will deactivate one of the acccounts..

ithehappy

Human Spambot
WhatsApp only checks for the number upon first time installation on a phone, then you can change SIM card, you can use it without a SIM card, in any way you want.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Yes as long as u don't wipe out the Whatsapp data cache.

u can use it from WiFi as well.
but there is an option to update the mobile number in your whatsapp profile

Top Bottom