What would you make out of CRT tv???

vishu_ka

Broken In
Its an Onida igo series 21" CRT TV..... if anyone knows kindly tell waht happened to it???:cry:

Its showing only this display continuously...... only for once it worked in between this period!
Image2130.jpg

Gollum

Collector
How old is the TV. the main board might have bent far too much and so this may happen. Generally happens if there is an issue with the AGC. But if that is the issue then the AV mode should work fine.

OP
V

vishu_ka

Broken In
How old is the TV. the main board might have bent far too much and so this may happen. Generally happens if there is an issue with the AGC. But if that is the issue then the AV mode should work fine.

TV is i guess 12-15 yrs old.... as i told in both mode it shows same display!
Is there anything i can do or should i take it to repair shop???

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK
I don't think it'd be wise to repair it at this stage. OK just saying. Don't take my word for it though. I guess u r better off buying a low budget LCD TV than to get a 12 years old tv repaired. E products don't last long.

OP
V

vishu_ka

Broken In
Actually i thought there might be something i can do about it but i guess i will get it repaired for now as i m planning for 32" LED tv after Feb14!!

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK
ok i got it repaired..... but can switching off TV directly from wall can be cause of this???

Im not from an EC background but it could be. Its always advised to switch off first via remote and then the switch.

Switching off from the main is similar to a power cut which we know that in usual cases, leads to failure of some components.

OP
V

vishu_ka

Broken In
Im not from an EC background but it could be. Its always advised to switch off first via remote and then the switch.

Switching off from the main is similar to a power cut which we know that in usual cases, leads to failure of some components.

Remote's only button that stopped working is ON/OFF :(

aaruni

The Linux Guy
ok i got it repaired..... but can switching off TV directly from wall can be cause of this???

hm.. try using the button on the tv to switch off...

Try doing that. Switching off with remote still uses power, "vampire consumption", and puts it only in standby mode. Pulling the plug in standby mode can cause similar problems to pulling the plug while on, because many components are still running, AFAIK.

Top Bottom