What will help you when you are traveling??

Status
Not open for further replies.

23nigam

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys .. i have just been given a project wherein i am supposed to create a mobile application that will help people while traveling.

I have trying a come up with a list of features that will help travelers.

Few of the features i have thought are :-

- Storing all the required documents like hotel reservation tickets,travel tickets,etc ( as now a days everybody excepts a soft copy )
- Giving the users a map of the place they are going to visit ( will be stored offline so that it can be accessed even if there is no network )

I would like to know what you guys would like in a travel app.

new Ideas :-

1)Where to go and where not to go ( thanx to rakesh_ic and Anorion )

Last edited:

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys .. i have just been given a project wherein i am supposed to create a mobile application that will help people while traveling.

I have trying a come up with a list of features that will help travelers.

Few of the features i have thought are :-

- Storing all the required documents like hotel reservation tickets,travel tickets,etc ( as now a days everybody excepts a soft copy )
- Giving the users a map of the place they are going to visit ( will be stored offline so that it can be accessed even if there is no network )

I would like to know what you guys would like in a travel app.

travel expense manager may be??

places of importance near the destination??

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
first one is apple passbook, second one is nokia maps

something handy would be a city specific application that helps with using public... for example, you search for a destination, and the app tells you how to get there through public transport. should be smart enough to ask you to tell you to catch the bus from the opposite side of the road rather than the one you are on if you are standing on the wrong side, point out which rickshaw stands to avoid, or if there are share ricks around. calculate fare based on gps? Also direct to ticket windows at stations..
some apps have some of these features, but no app has all of them

OP

23nigam

Right off the assembly line
first one is apple passbook, second one is nokia maps

something handy would be a city specific application that helps with using public... for example, you search for a destination, and the app tells you how to get there through public transport. should be smart enough to ask you to tell you to catch the bus from the opposite side of the road rather than the one you are on if you are standing on the wrong side, point out which rickshaw stands to avoid, or if there are share ricks around. calculate fare based on gps? Also direct to ticket windows at stations..
some apps have some of these features, but no app has all of them

The creating of such a app will not be a problem .. but keeping them updated for a large number of cities overtime will be impossible.

Great idea though

raksrules

Youngling
How about some offline maps app with lots of POIs and ability to search without internet connection ?
There is one app i have used calle City Maps 2 Go which has completely offline maps for various cities (need to download maps) and the maps are small size and have all POIs and the GPS works on this offline maps fine.
Have tried it internationally to avoid data charges and it worked flawlessly including searching for a specific restaurant. It also had phone numbers of the POIs so i can call them if i want.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Best guideliness is neccessity, when your travelling to abroad.My friends went for honeymoon ireland , they only told about gudideliness neccessity.

You know If you wanna raise a dead thread, at least try to make sense and spell it correctly while you are at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom