What will be the price of iPhone 4 & 4S after iPhone 5 launch?

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Everyone here in TDF is pretty sure that the 6th Gen iPhone will not be priced below 50k INR. But, what about the 4th and 5th Gen iPhones. Will i be able to get a iPhone 4 for around 20k after the launch of 6th Gen iPhone. Currently iPhone 3GS is available for 20K (and 13k for aircel postpaid customers). 3GS will be discontinued after the iPhone 5 launch for sure. Will iPhone 4 see a price drop and retail at around 20k to 25k INR? Can anyone predict it?

Empirial

Youngling
Re: What will be the price of iPhone 4 & 4S after iPhone 5 launch?

Launch of iPhone 5 may not affect the pricing of iPhone 4 & 4S in India. Infact I feel that Apple may not even launch iPhone 5 in india. Why? Well Read this Article : Nano-SIM cards could pose a massive challenge for iPhone 5 users | Video & Photo Reviews of Gadgets at BGR India

Who are those everyone?
hehehehe

havoknation

Journeyman
They will never lower down the prices of 4 and 4S as after the release of 5, all IP4 and 4S from abroad will land to India for sale. They guys think that if something is not selling out there then India is the right place :D

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
European telecommunication companies already starting to issue nano sim card, I guess Indians will do so too..

techlover

In the zone
European telecommunication companies already starting to issue nano sim card, I guess Indians will do so too..

First of all where the question of nano sim comes in? ...as per latest leaks of the parts of iPhone 5(or whatever Apple may call it :p ) it can also be micro sim only

Apple wont leave the whole Indian market to Samsung :p

Lets wait for the best! :D

rider

as Kratos
Why the hell they are making micro sim, nano sim slots? :x
What next 1mm sim that we can can not pick by hands.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
there will be considerable reduction. Initially there should be atleast a $100 to $120 fall.
And I donot expect SIM cards to get any smaller :p

R2K

In the Zone
Re: What will be the price of iPhone 4 & 4S after iPhone 5 launch?

It might fall but not as low as 20K that you are expecting. Not in next 2 years atleast.

And how do you know iphone5 will cost more than 50K. Who is gonna throw away that kinda money on a freaking phone?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Why the hell they are making micro sim, nano sim slots? :x
What next 1mm sim that we can can not pick by hands.
I read somewhere that Apple is doing so that they can reduce the size of the device. I say its a tactic by apple to use a non-standard SIM design so that only selected GSM providers can issue the SIM card. else the device gets smuggled into different countries and people can use it without any issue

BTW I have seen a "Cell Phone" which used a Credit Card sized SIM card :D

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
ooo which phone ??

I think it was Ericsson, it was ages ago . you know the large sim card package when vendors used to provide till couple of years ago (may be even now).. those are actual standard sim cards.

full-size SIM (1FF), mini-SIM (2FF), micro-SIM (3FF) and nano-SIM (4FF)
*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e0/GSM_SIM_card_evolution.svg

Empirial

Youngling
First of all where the question of nano sim comes in? ...as per latest leaks of the parts of iPhone 5(or whatever Apple may call it :p ) it can also be micro sim only

Apple wont leave the whole Indian market to Samsung :p

Lets wait for the best! :D

Hmmm....So you mean to say that Apple will produce two variants of iPhone 5, one with Nano Sim & other with Micro Sim (For Global Markets)?

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
the new i-phone should be cheaper by comparison when the previous gen's were released cause now with improved tech ( slimmer screen, better proccy) it would be crazy if the apple guys put price tag of 500-700 $.
no way the sales will go up..... but still its the i phone we are talking about, we are actually crazy to spend 50000/-rs on a frigging phone.
(and by we, i meant "not me" )

Top Bottom