What will be next change?

Deep_

Right off the assembly line
Hi all!
This is my very first post!

I want to know what will happen next after whatsapp revolution?
I have seen massage boards went slowdown (not this one!):) due to Orkut. Orkut is going to be melt next month, reasons are FB and whatsapp (?)

However, Blogging and twitting is parallel going up.
I am very curious to know what next thing is about to come? What is able to takeover the market next?

(I am not asking abut Surface, Smart Tvs, Smart Watches etc., but just a concept.)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, Whatsapp have revolutionized the Instant messaging market yeah. Copy cats like Hike, Line , Weechat and Kik have flooded the adverts all over the place. But there can only be one original. And whatsapp still is best among a non bloated simply and elegant IM app. Thought after Facebook bought it, I no longer trust Whatsapp enough to use it primarily.

No one can guess what next revolution can become. Maybe an app developed by you which becomes viral. But that's not easy. And certainly luck plays its factor too.

Maybe you can share your thoughts on this too.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
WhatsApp and Telegram are so similar they are practically twins!

OP seems to be discussing the overall trend and not individual applications.

------------

The next big trend could be related to online meetings using 3D holograms may be :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am very curious to know what next thing is about to come? What is able to takeover the market next?

Also I am watching an increasing trend of Embedded technologies. Examples are Google Glass and Android watches. Both are an example of consumer devices being embedded with technologies beyond their capabilities. Google glass brings all the information right to your eyes. Android watch like Moto 360 is luring to do more with their watches than just looking time.

So overall a trend in embedded technologies can be observed. This would lead to more appetite towards apps which can be used in such devices. Future is very unpredictable. But this is one trend which is quite apparent.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Kik was there before whatsapp on blackberry and windows mobile, it also allows for larger group sizes than whatsapp, and it is fundamentally different because you can be anonymous. It is a great alternative to what some view as shortcomings of whatsapp (you guys probably forgetting WhatsApp started as a paid only iOS exclusive app, and came to Blackberry and Symbian before Android), and Kik was already there all that time, so it is not at all a copy cat.

Oh I get it looked up some stats at appannie, for iOS. Whatsapp was always popular in India, number 1 social networking app since almost day of release. Kik never became too popular, not even breaking into the top 10. In US though, KiK was on top of charts almost a year before Whatsapp got popular.

the next big thing is digital goods stores I think. Still not figured that out in India, and we are going backwards with services being withdrawn instead of new ones coming.

OP
D

Deep_

Thank you all for your interest!
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] You right about Embedded technologies, they may be next big thing in digital hardware market.
What i liked to imagine is...
The next big trend could be related to online meetings using 3D holograms may be :)

Let's see what happens!

OP
D

Deep_

oops, I don't know why my last post has been deleted!
Anyway, thank you all friends!

Top Bottom