What UPS for 22" LCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

axxo

99.9% Idle
I currently have a microtek 1KVA ups with the power switch broken today. Its also not working properly to the fluctuations hence I want to go for a new one.

Will a 600VA do suffice for a PC & 22" LCD monitor? Also I cant afford to go beyond 3k. Kindly suggest one, its urgent as am going to get one tomorrow.

satyamy

Alive Again...
I currently have a microtek 1KVA ups with the power switch broken today. Its also not working properly to the fluctuations hence I want to go for a new one.

Will a 600VA do suffice for a PC & 22" LCD monitor? Also I cant afford to go beyond 3k. Kindly suggest one, its urgent as am going to get one tomorrow.

you can easily get 1KV UPS for 3K :)

OP
axxo

axxo

99.9% Idle
you can easily get 1KV UPS for 3K :)

Thank you guyz..digged this forum a lot for the same query and found APC to be the preferred brand and 650 VA more likely to do well for this setup.

1KV from APC retails around 7k, while the cheaper ones like microtek are poor to withstand any fluctuations and moreover the build quality is very poor.

Anyway I bought 650VA UPS from APC today for 3.1k from delta peripherals chennai. Hope this will be the best for my pc&monitor.

dvijaydev46

Broken In
Even I have APC 650 - bought from Delta and it's good. It comes with powerchute software with which you can do a managed shutdown when there is no ac power and you can also turn off those irritating beep sounds.

OP
axxo

axxo

99.9% Idle
Just now got it installed, wow the ups is awesome so as its software that monitors & gives status abt voltage fluctuations, errors etc. Also shows battery charging status, available time and so on.

unfortunately ups load is not yet completely utilized by my pc components :)

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3213/3077603020_29e4e16a03.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom