What to do with dead pixel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

axxo

99.9% Idle
My less than a month older viewsonic vx2235wm caught a dead pixel(not a stuck pixel) very recently. I tried with few software solutions in trying to fix it but none helped. What should i do to get this rectified?

swatkat

Technomancer
I guess only stuck pixel can be fixed. Dead pixel, as the name says, is dead. There are some tools that claim to fix dead pixel:
*www.killdeadpixel.com/
*fixdeadpixels.uv.ro/
*deadpixel.googletoad.com/
Have you tried them all?

Last edited:
OP
axxo

axxo

99.9% Idle
not sure whether they will take it for replacement. Any threshold like minimum no of pixels will be considered for any such replacement?

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
I got one on my fantastic lappy display & it took away all the sheen. Tried those sw... but too lazy & busy to try then for 12hrs or so.. as they say.

I just pressed on the spot... blunt press... & presto... the pixie pixel's gone. Try it.

OP
axxo

axxo

99.9% Idle
but I wonder whether they do work for dead pixel, and i dont want to take risk affecting nearby pixels as well. plz guide me if this is safe.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
considerably safe... dont poke it... just press it... slightly... sorta like.. massaging the pixel there... it worked for me.

Jhaat Maharaj

Broken In
i think you'll get a replacement for sure, as it has happened inside the warranty period.
get your monitor replaced as soon as possible.

harmads

Journeyman
not sure whether they will take it for replacement. Any threshold like minimum no of pixels will be considered for any such replacement?

Hi
Viewsonic comes with a 3yr warantee. My one yr old Viesonic had a problem with its video card and they replaced it without making noise about...
I think you should not lose any time to lodge a complaint !
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom