What to do to become a successfulk programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
What to do to become a successful programmer

Hi guys can u plz give some tips to become a Successful programmer?
On what he sud put more pressure?
Etc etc etc.....

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
Learn the ethics of software engineering!!
Programming is a very small and easy thing, but the main challenging task is to develop a software that works efficiently, is thoroughly debugged, reliable, well modularised, easily upgradable and maintainable!! :)

manshahia said:
Put more pressure on analysis and designing part of the software!!

tuxfan

Technomancer
Software designing / planning
Logical analysis and ability to understand flow of control
Imagination (for worst case analysis)
Database concepts (most imp - normalisation)

nikhil ramteke

s,b+..u cn..
Re: What to do to become a successful programmer

Manshahia said:
Hi guys can u plz give some tips to become a Successful programmer?
Etc etc etc.....
to become the good programmer u shoud b fast enough to think over and above the situation,again wit innovative mind think for the implimentation,if u r just at starting position,strat to built small applications,if u want guidence then meet www.programmersheaven.com u will finding lots of source codes of various languages dere,go thuough that,u will definately inspire and will think to do like that,well everything depends up on ur capicity n effort u cn apply,dnt forger everything is possible in the world of software,....bye take care..........

JhonCena

Journeyman
eagle_y2j said:
Sucsessful Programer need :-
Extra cup of Espresso
Patience
Imagination
Little bit of hard work
Not agree to you at all. It needs a lot of hardwork and time also.

Last edited:

tuxfan

Technomancer
gary4gar said:
this normalisation thingy i hate the most
:)) That is really very very important in all database applications!! There are no 1-2-3 kind of steps. It is very subjective and differs from scenario to scenario and person to person. So you need experience to get hold over it. ;)

Last edited:
G

gxsaurav

the most important thing i have learned from programing in actionscript, the only programing language i know is.....

Patience to type for 4 hrs straight....which i don't have :D, so left it

planetcall

Indian by heart
learning a programming language is essential for a programming career but I disagree completely to the concept of learning C++ or java first. I believe you can start with something as good as C#. It is so because whichever language you opt for or you master in, the fundamentals of programming never change. C#, C++ , JAVA are all in the same family. Starting with any of them you like is good for you. Though C++ is usable on more OS than C# at present. I personally learnt JAVA before C++ and I know it was a right decision.

jal_desai

In the zone
JhonCena said:
Not agree to you at all. It needs a lot of hardwork and time also.

HARD WORK IS NOT REQUIRED .... SMART WORK is required .... it just needs a spark.. try to make small programs in C, C++ etc... increase difficulty level day by day.. this way ur logical thinking power will increase.... remember.... PROGRAMMING SKILLS WILL NOT BE ACQUIRED JUST BY READING BOOKS ON PROGRAMMING... IT REQUIRES TO SIT ON THE COMPUTER FOR HOURS... PASSION FOR PROGRAMMING AND A LITTLE COMMON SENSE... U WILL DO IT...

I also agree... I know it is very helpful but I HATE IT *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon8.gif

Last edited:
U can start with C. its a basic and very strong language though a little bit hard. Then u can shift to C++ and JAVA. and ofcourse sit on the computer and try to write programs and do a little bit of experiments on the codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom