What to do about this slowing LAPTOP?

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
I am gonna buy a new win copy. Whats the diff between a OEM copy and a retail copy?
Apart from the 500-1000 price difference

gameranand

Living to Play
Sarath said:
I am gonna buy a new win copy. Whats the diff between a OEM copy and a retail copy?
Apart from the 500-1000 price difference
OEM is a computer specific. I mean it is licensed for a particular PC. Once installed its locked up with that PC and Microsoft don't give support for OEMs

Retail versions are full license and can be transferred to any PC as long as only its installed on one PC. Microsoft gives support for these licenses.

My suggestion is to get a retail copy with full license. :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, thanks gameranand: That was some useful info. I always thought OEM version should be preferred since they cost less. But as they say, nothing costs less! You will have to pay for everything!

gameranand

Living to Play
vineet369 said:
Yeah, thanks gameranand: That was some useful info. I always thought OEM version should be preferred since they cost less. But as they say, nothing costs less! You will have to pay for everything!
Yeah right. Nothing comes for free not from these companies anyways. Also OEM has a great problem it get coded with that mobo so you can't upgrade your Mobo at all no matter what or you'll lose the license.

Top Bottom