What to buy !!

tweaktolive

Right off the assembly line
I am confused with the market of mobiles ,

I want to buy an Android 2.2 based phone (upgradeble to 2.3).
I have budget of 12k-16k, My choices are Samsung Ace Moto Defy but dont know which to buy.

I want a good processor , camera , display,

Any Suggestins ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
no to defy now. Ace can be considered. or you may wait for HTC Wildfire S before making your purchase. cause Wildfire S is a more balanced (& good looking) than the plasticy Ace.

Terabyte

In the zone
I would say don't go for Wildfire S.
The main reason I am against it is because of its slow processor and lack of Adobe Flash support in browsing and the high cost(it isn't released still but should cost close to 14-15k).
If you are fine with these limitations then you can go for Wildfire S.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Samsung Ace might get upgraded to Android 2.3. I doubt Moto Defy would go beyond 2.2.

For good processor, good camera, good display, extend your budget another 2k and get a Samsung Galaxy SL.

*i.imgur.com/wosyH.jpg

Terabyte

In the zone
^@AndroidFan : If I remember correctly you suggested someone in other thread not to go for I9003. Why now!?

BTW I just checked letsbuy and Galaxy S I9000 now costs just Rs.20,900 using the same coupon code (as shown in the above pic).
So thats actually a great deal IMO. You get SAMOLED screen, better graphics and also support from XDA developers for I9000 is way better than I9003.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^@AndroidFan : If I remember correctly you suggested someone in other thread not to go for I9003. Why now!?

BTW I just checked letsbuy and Galaxy S I9000 now costs just Rs.20,900 using the same coupon code (as shown in the above pic).
So thats actually a great deal IMO. You get SAMOLED screen, better graphics and also support from XDA developers for I9000 is way better than I9003.

Galaxy SL is way ahead of Ace and Defy. That person in the other thread had a bigger budget and so I recommended him to go for Desire S instead of Galaxy SL.

But OP has a max budget of 16k. So, if he can stretch a bit more, Galaxy SL would be twice as good as Ace or Defy.

Or if he restricts it to 12k... then Optimus One would be the best choice...

SwiftLover

Broken In
Hi,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.
I am Using My Nokia E71 for last 2 years and am pretty satisfied with the cellphone. I am now planning to upgrade to Android OS. I have shortlisted some phones...kindly suggest me which one is better as my budget is max 25K.

1) Nokia N8
2) Samsung Galaxy S i9000
3) Samsung Galaxy SL i9003
4) HTC Desire S

k4ce

Youngling
1) N8 - not android ... buy only if cam is ur only proirity
2) i9000 - Best buy
3) i9003 - if u can afford i9000, dont even look at this phone
4) Desire S - Second best buy

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
25k is a lot of money & if SwiftLover is open to custom rom or can wait a month, LG Optimus 2X looks like a good choice. you can always replace the software, not the hardware.

sanithkk81

Broken In
Buy Desire HD if you're okay with android 2.2 which can be ugradedto 2.3 later. I prefer this over Desire S because DHD has got 4.3" screen! :).

SwiftLover

Broken In
Today, I visited mobile store checked all the cell phone from my list.

Nokia N8 --REJECTED!
pros: Study Build, Good Camera, Video Playback and sound Quality.
Cons:Slow & Same old interface :-(, I guess the paint will peel off fast and even the Chrome strip layer will fade.

i9003 -- Rejected!
Pros: Looks Good, Faster Processing
Cons: No Flash, No AMOLED Screen

HTC Desire - Rejected! (Unable to See the Cell)
Cons: No Sales & Service available in Goa India. There was one store in Panjim which stopped sales due to service and Low Sales.

My Cousin Bought WildFire and he says the battery life is pathetic..dosent last for a day..but rest every thing is good.

Finally, I was in love with i9000 with superb screen..Love at first sight.

@k4ce - Thanks, You have suggested me a perfect master piece.
@ Sam/thetechfreak - I am not very keen on LG...Here Samsung Service Center is really good. I had issue with my mom's Galaxy 5 phone..they promptly issued me a certificate and arranged me a new cell in just 2 hrs.
@sanithkk81 - No sales & Service available in Goa. :-(

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Swiftlover said:
@ Sam/thetechfreak - I am not very keen on LG...Here Samsung Service Center is really good. I had issue with my mom's Galaxy 5 phone..they promptly issued me a certificate and arranged me a new cell in just 2 hrs.
Then I reccomend you to wait a few days for Samsung Galaxy SII

SwiftLover

Broken In
Here in Goa i9000 Cost 23,800/- and online shop(Flipkart /Letsbuy) quoted 22,900/-
Is Online buying from those site is safe?

When can we expect android 2.3 factory loaded handsets?
I also heard abt Galaxy SII ..wht will be the Est cost and when is the launch date?

@thetechfreak - Thanks, Even my dealer says to wait for few days for Galaxy SII

Is it true that.. we can flash the ROM only 3 times per Cell?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Then I reccomend you to wait a few days for Samsung Galaxy SII

but it'll be priced at 30k+

When can we expect android 2.3 factory loaded handsets?

samsung has shifted its production from GS to GS2. so unlikely.

I also heard abt Galaxy SII ..wht will be the Est cost and when is the launch date?

around 30k.
launch date? well, in a few hours.

Is it true that.. we can flash the ROM only 3 times per Cell?

who told you that? i have flashed 4-6 different roms in my optimus one. no such limit.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thats the worst part. The Optimus 2x is getting affordable by the week.
So SGII must be more sensibly priced.

S2 launched at 32890 = 29999 local pricing (guess).

also S2 = much faster processor, better GPU, gingerbread (with a cartoon UI i.e. touchwiz), super amoled + display, slimmer.
O2X = cheap.

so @ 30k, S2's price is decent. O2X packs less feature = 4k cheaper.

sanithkk81

Broken In
Today, I visited mobile store checked all the cell phone from my list.

Nokia N8 --REJECTED!
pros: Study Build, Good Camera, Video Playback and sound Quality.
Cons:Slow & Same old interface :-(, I guess the paint will peel off fast and even the Chrome strip layer will fade.

i9003 -- Rejected!
Pros: Looks Good, Faster Processing
Cons: No Flash, No AMOLED Screen

HTC Desire - Rejected! (Unable to See the Cell)
Cons: No Sales & Service available in Goa India. There was one store in Panjim which stopped sales due to service and Low Sales.

My Cousin Bought WildFire and he says the battery life is pathetic..dosent last for a day..but rest every thing is good.

Finally, I was in love with i9000 with superb screen..Love at first sight.

@k4ce - Thanks, You have suggested me a perfect master piece.
@sanithkk81 - No sales & Service available in Goa. :-(

Check out the reviews of Desire HD below

HTC Desire HD Mobile Phone review - Trusted Reviews

HTC Desire HD Review | Mobile Phones | CNET UK

If it is not available in Goa you can buy online
Buy HTC Desire HD (Dark Brown) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
HTC Desire HD Price In India: Buy HTC Desire HD: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles

Choice is upto you! Samsung Galaxy is an excellent phone but if you can wait buy SGII which is the best

SwiftLover

Broken In
Check out the reviews of Desire HD below

HTC Desire HD Mobile Phone review - Trusted Reviews

HTC Desire HD Review | Mobile Phones | CNET UK

If it is not available in Goa you can buy online
Buy HTC Desire HD (Dark Brown) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
HTC Desire HD Price In India: Buy HTC Desire HD: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles

Choice is upto you! Samsung Galaxy is an excellent phone but if you can wait buy SGII which is the best

Thanks!..I'll wait for Samsung Galaxy S II i9100. I want user feedback from and then go ahead as m not in hurry now... I had almost finalized for Galaxy S i9000 till yesterday morning ..in the afternoon got to know the launch...

Most of forun users have suggested me to go for S II as it is now available for 28K + 4% vat = 29.1K @ univercell.

Top Bottom